Word 2016 for mac not manage hyperlink when .doc is converted into .pdf

Hi,

I'm using Word 2016 on Mac, but when I save a .pdf file from a .doc document it lost hyperlink.

In details, if I want to create an hyperlink starting to a simple word (ex: industry name) who take me to industry's website, saving .doc as .pdf will lost the hyperlink, but formatted word remain ad an hypertext.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2019 Views 38,643 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Actually, there is a way to generate PDF files including hyperlinks with Word 2016 for Mac :

1 - Insert hyperlinks in your document,

2 - Go to "Save as...", choose PDF and check the box "Best for electronic distribution and accessibility" instead of "Best for printing",

3 - Save. It will take a while as it uses Microsoft online services but then the generated PDF file includes hyperlinks!

Hope it will be useful to someone.

190 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Well, the folks at Microsoft have done some tweaking and adjustments and the feature is now active.
If you don’t have any Right-to-left input method (in Keyboards) or language (in Language & Region) active in the System Preferences, and you use a version of Word >15.23.1, then the options should now be visible when you use the Save As command and select PDF.

The file is processed through an online service and you get a Tagged PDF (with all forms of links active).
Make sure you select: Best for online distribution and accessibility
 Corentin

I do *not* work for MS
Je ne travaille *pas* pour MS

33 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.