Text box over image won't save as a picture.

In word 2011 I have an image that I've inserted a text box over - it shows up fine in the word doc but when I save the picture of the image only the image saves and not the text box on it. I've tried everything from creating it in presentation mode and then again in printing mode, then inserting text boxes, etc., but the text still won't show up on printing or saving as a picture. The image is behind the text since this is the only way the text box shows up at all but I have also tried it in front of the text and that doesn't show up at all. There has to be a way to do this if inserting text boxes over images is possible but I can't find anywhere that explains something that actually works.
Answer
Answer

Save as Picture in Word only does that: it saves the image. No other objects, no text, just images.

You can visually combine the two either by doing a screen capture of your Word window using Command + Shift + 3. This will place a png file on your desktop. Open it in an image editor and crop out everything except the photo and text box.

If you need somewhat better quality, save the document as a PDF. Open it in Acrobat Reader, zoom to your preferred size, then use Edit>Take a Snapshot and select the image and text box on the PDF page. The image can be larger than your screen, Reader will still capture everything you can drag the marquee over. Then paste into an image editor and save.

Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 17,207 Applies to: