Word 2019 on macOS shows TINY font on Tools - Spelling and Grammar

Word 2019 on macOS shows TINY font on Tools - Spelling and Grammar. I have reported that many times before to no avail. The issue happens even on a large display with high resolution: Word 2019 version 16.29.1 (19091700) for Mac on macOS 10.12.6 (16G2128) Sierra on iMac 27-inch Retina (mid 2017). For instance, using templates like this from Oxford University Press:

Submitting your Manuscript Online

Word… templates can be found here

https://academic.oup.com/bioinformatics/pages/submission_online

Such TINY text is almost impossible to read. It would be great if this serious productivity bug could be fixed. Here is the screen capture:

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2019 Views 70 Applies to:

Dear Mac Top,

Based on my test, you can change the size of the font in the template and then do a test to see the result.

Best Regards,

Cliff

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. Please, note that I am using Word 2019 (not 365) version 16.29.1 (19091700) for Mac on macOS 10.12.6 (16G2128) Sierra on iMac 27-inch Retina (mid 2017), in case that might be relevant.

The font size showing at "Tools - Spelling and Grammar" can be increased if the original Word (.docx) document font size is also increased, yet that is not an option, since the font size of the document should not be modified because it is the publisher setting and is is already large (with different sizes on different sections).

Please, note that I am using a large display (27-inch) with 300% zoom taking the whole display. You can test with the template and see what I mean. I am including here a screen capture with the maximum allowed zoom of 500 to see the huge difference between the document text size and the tiny one showing in the Spelling and Grammar text box. As you can see, the document text can be read since it is quite large, yet the one inside the text box of Spelling and Grammar is so tiny that it is impossible to read. This is a huge productivity issue. It would be great if tht could be fixed. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Mac Top,

Thanks for your updates.

The issue is related to the font size setting of the words in the template. As you can see that the font size is increased in Spelling and Grammar after you increase the font size of the words in the template. So the issue only happens in a specific font size of the words in this template. To improve the behavior in the template, I think that you may need to modify the font size of the words or contact the template creator to create a template with the larger size of the words.

Meanwhile, I also suggest you submit your feedback such as letting Spelling and Grammar’s font sizes are showed correctly with any font size of the words in any custom template on our Word for Mac UserVoice which is a platform for our product developers to know users’ requirements and suggestions for product improvements. If our product developers have some updated information on the feedback, they will post it there directly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. Done as you said. Hopefully, Microsoft will fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.