Text won't fit page when I paste content

Hello. I have a bit of a problem. Sometimes, when I copy and paste text into a Word document, a chunk of the text hangs off the page instead of fitting within the borders normally. 

Furthermore, when I type below that text, I have the same problem. When the cursor gets to the end of the page, it doesn't automatically skip to the next line like it should.

How can I get the text to fit the page and the cursor to skip to the next line?

Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Answer
Answer

It sounds like it's either a negative right indent setting on the paragraph or text in a table that is wider than the page. If it's the latter, then the Table Design tab would appear on the Ribbon when you click on the text. If that tab does not appear, click on the Normal style in the Style Gallery to reformat the paragraph. That should get rid of the right indent setting.

Instead of using the regular paste command, you can use Paste Special and paste as Unformatted text. This will get rid of all formatting and allow your document styles to format the text.

Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Vinny,

Have tried Paste Special as John mentioned? Different distance of margins will cause this situation. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance on this situation.

Regards,

Eli

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 9, 2024 Views 12,947 Applies to: