Keep a shape's protections when shape is in a group?

Hello,

I am fairly new to Visio. I went exploring how to lock a shape's height and width. That worked lovely: New skill acquired.

However, it seems when I "group" any protected shapes with other shapes, their protections are overridden. For example, if the protected shape is in a group, and I scale the group size, the "protected" shape scales. (!!)

Is there a way to achieve the opposite?

Answer
Answer

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

According to your description, I have tested it and I can reproduce the same situation as yours, it seems that there is no out of box way to achieve that in Visio. When you resize the group, the size of protected shapes will also be changed with the group.

I do understand the inconvenience it has made and apologize for it. We understand the situation and you make a great point. To address your concern about the situation, we’d suggest you go to Visio for Windows UserVoice to provide your feedback. This is the best platform to let us hear from you and make our products and services better for you and others. Or you can also provide feedback to our related team by clicking on the Smiley Face button inside Visio. This feedback will directly go to them so that our related team can hear your voice on this feature directly.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Sukie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 54 Applies to: