Setting OpenInClient Feature

I have found the below directions to set my OpenInClient Feature. However, I do not have on my features page the "Open Documents in Clients Applications by Default" section / item.  Any ideas how I can get to this another way?

Set the OpenInClient feature for site collections

1. In the SharePoint site collection, choose the Settings icon > Site Settings.

2. On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, choose Site Collection Features.

3. On the Features page, for the Open Documents in Client Applications by Default feature, choose Activate to enable the OpenInClient feature (documents will open in the client application), or Deactivate to disable the OpenInClient feature (documents will open in the browser).

Question Info

Last updated December 21, 2017 Views 551 Applies to:

Hi CHERYLWALSH_826,

Could you try the following steps to set default open behavior for browser-enabled documents for a library?

1. Go to a library in SharePoint Online.
2. Click LIBRARY > Library settings > Advanced Settings.
3. Under Opening Documents in the Browser, select Open in the client application.
4. Click OK.

In addition, for "I do not have on my feature page the "Open Documents in Client Applications by Default" section/item" , may I know if you are using SharePoint On-premise instead of SharePoint Online?  

Regards,
Shirley
[Updated by Shirley Wang MSFT, 2:13 AM, Sep 20, 2016 (UTC)]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CHERYLWALSH_826,

Have you referred to the information above? Could you let me know any updates at your convenience?

Regards,
Shirley

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.