How to hide SharePoint Online activity in home screen?

When I open the SharePoint app from Office 365, the home screen shows my Frequent SharePoint sites, and below each there is a list of four or five of the most recent activities within each site.  For instance, it might say "John Doe viewed project-memo.docx on July 11, 2016" or "You modified project-memo.docx on July 11, 2016."

A problem arises from two facts.  First, I collaborate with a lot of other people (including during sit-down meetings, where we might do a line-by-line review on a SmartBoard).  Second, I am a supervisor, and have a site that has personnel documents that I view and edit.

Obviously, these conflict.  I can't be opening up SharePoint in public if SharePoint suddenly announces to the world "You viewed Disciplinary-Attendence-Jane-Doe.doc on July 11, 2016" or "You modified Doe-Promotion.docx on July 11, 2016."

Is there a way to have a particular site (or all sites) not show those little recent activity snippets?

Thanks!

Emily

Hi Emily,

There isn't a specific button that hides a site activity from the SharePoint home page.

As a workaround, hiding your document library from search results will also block recent activity from it to show up in the SharePoint home page. However, doing this means that your document library files also won't show up in search results.

To do this, you may go to your Document Library Settings where your file resides > Advanced Settings > Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?

Set it to No.

Note: This option should take a few hours to be active.

We also suggest you submit your feedback via UserVoice; this is the best way to influence our products and services to make it better for you and others.

Regards,

Sheen

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2020 Views 9,068 Applies to: