Emailing to addresses in a lookup to another list

I've spent the morning googling and searching this forum to no avail. I'm starting to think I can't do what I assume I should be able to do. Here's the challenge - at least for me.

I have two lists, A & B

List A is populated from a form where the user selects a particular contact name. The choices for this contact are stored in List B. I am using a standard LOOKUP to List B for the user to choose from.

List B is populated with the list of names, along with contact info including email addresses.

When the users finishes filling out the form that populates List A, I need an email sent to the contact selected within the form that is a lookup to list B. The email address is pulled at the time of lookup so is available in List A.. 

Where I am having a problem is when I create the email action in Designer for the workflow to email the person, the email field is not under "current item". I am trying to avoid putting the list in a lookup column in List A because using a separate SharePoint list makes it easier for the end-users to self-mange and update the list easier. But, maybe what I'm asking isn't possible?

One other thing - I am not a programmer so please no dotnet replies! :)

Thanks, Kevin

Answer
Answer

Hi Kevin,

I tested again and this time I picked the person's name as the lookup value, and added the email address, just like you did.

I created two Lists, List X and Y. Email address is fetched from List Y.

As you can see from the following screenshot, I selected List Y in data Source field, as the email address in List X is fetched from List Y (referenced as #4 in screenshot).

In the Lookup for Person or Group window, I have selected the Name field in List Y and then in # 6, referenced to the corresponding column in List X.

Please refer to above screenshot and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2022 Views 873 Applies to: