O365 group team site _ Content type

Content Type Publishing Hubs - unable to refresh all published content types on next update

Hi,

I wonder if you would answer couple of questions in regards to update or refresh content types in our O365 Sharepoint team site.

1.  I logged in as site administrator to our O365 SharePoint team site, and visit the site settings page (I needed to type in _layouts/settings.aspx in order to activate Content Type Syndication Hub feature).  Under Site Collection Administration > Content type publishing, I checked refresh all published content types and submit OK.  (I already set up a content type-> site policy) in our content type hub and have it publish this content type).

However, I got an error: it says I don't have access to this page.  However, I logged in as site administrator. 

Could you let me know what I would receive this email?

2.  How long does it take the content types (from Content Type hub) to get published to the consumed site collections (especially for o365 group team sites)?  how often is the content type subscriber timer job runs?

3.  Do any future created o365 group team sites have access to these published content type by default? 

Thanks for your help in advance,

Annie

Answer
Answer

Hi Annie,

You said you got an Access Denied error in your initial post when logging in as a site administrator, while you mentioned you didn't get the error in your third post as you logged in as a site administrator? I'm a little confused about it.

For the access denied error, based on my test and confirmation with the related team, the expected behavior should be as below.

1.You publish a content type from CTH.

2.You create a new Office 365 group site.

3.Due to the timer job (4hrs ~ 24 hrs), if you haven't see the subscribed content type in the group site collection, at this time, you can tick Refresh all published content types on next update and submit ok. There will be no error.

4.After the timer job finished running, you should be able to see the subscribe content type in the group site collection now. But now, if you tick Refresh all published content types on next update and submit ok, you should get the access denied error, because you have no add and customized permission. To enable this permission, SharePoint administrator (at least) can run the following SharePoint management Shell:

Set-SPOsite <SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0

For details, refer to the To enable or disable scripting on a different SharePoint collection part in this article. Once you enable it, you should not get the permission error.

Please check if it is your situation.

About the content type publishing error log, I get the same error as yours in Group site collection, as content type publishing error log list doesn't exist in Office 365 group site.

For the behaviors above, I would suggest you share the same with our related team through uservoice. This is the best channel to influence the product and our related team is always listening to our customers there.

In your situation, yes, it is not necessary to click the option "refresh all published content types on next update" in order to get all the published content  types. You can just wait for 4hrs ~24hrs to wait for results.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post a new thread, and we will keep assisting you from there

Regards,

Sky

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2019 Views 927 Applies to: