Using ?isdlg with pages

Hi,

I am trying to display one page (simple SPO page) that is created in one site collection in another site collection page.

Of course I use the page viewer web part.

The connection work fine BUT the page is displayed with all the navigation of the original site collection.

I tried to use the ?isdlg (0 or 1) parameter to display the page without the navigation, but it throws an error "Sorry something went wrong /  An unexpected error has occurred"

I tested and this happens on ALL pages that you try to view with this parameter.

Can you please tell me if there is something I can do to actually use this parameter with simple pages (it works fine with New/Edit/Display forms) OR there is another solution to display page in page but without the navigation.

Regards,
Danail

Hi Danail,

For your scenario, I have done the related test and find that ?IsDlg=1 can work for the SharePoint Online library or list pages. If I add it to the site page(e.g. the home page), it would get the message you mentioned above.

As the issue is related to the SharePoint Online site customization, we'd suggest you post the issue/question in our Technet forum which is dedicated to handling SharePoint customization related issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

Felix

Keep moving

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What a peculiar answer.

First,  I don't even understand your comment about the home page. Of course you can use ?IsDlg=1 on an iframed page on a home page. Why would the home page act any differently than any other page?

Second, url queries like IsDlg are OOB functionality and should definitely be addressed here. If you don't understand how it works, don't push people to another forum - just don't answer and let someone answer who does understand.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi danail,

based on my experience, the parameter “?isdlg=1” always works on web part pages and publishing pages. for wiki pages, it won’t work since they don’t have a page layout applied.

regarding the situation, if you’re not working on a wiki page, please share with us the type of page in your scenario.
you can upload a screenshot of the page by clicking use rich formatting just under the textbox, then select this icon to choose files.

regards,
jiaxing bian

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

i use the parameter on simple page.

so .. steps to reproduce:

1. gear icon > add a page > name it

2. save the page (even without content)

3. add ?isdlg=1 (or 0) in the url

4. observe the issue.

happens on all pages, happens in all site collections, happens in two tenants i have access to.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Danail,

The pages you have added are Wiki pages, so the parameter “?IsDlg=1” doesn’t work on them.

Given the situation, I suggest you create a Web Part page, and add the Content Editor Web Part to display your content.

Meanwhile, you can find more information about different types of pages in SharePoint from the article below:
What are Wiki, Publishing and Web Part Pages in SharePoint?

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites.

Regards,
Jiaxing Bian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok,

I confirm that the content type of the "normal" page is Wiki page.

And using Web Part page for content type works with the parameter.

I still need to display the already created page.. can you suggest some workaround to display a page with content type "wiki page" without the navigation?   Even with custom code. The issue is that I should not modify the original

Thank you in advance,

Danail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Danail,

For SharePoint customization related concerns, we suggest you post in our SharePoint customization forum to get professional help.

Meanwhile, I found a related thread in that forum for your reference:
Wiki Page without any Navigation - only content area

Regards,
Jiaxing Bian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The user interface in O365 is a disaster: when you create a page as described there's no indication what type of page you're creating. So  the assumption that users know whether or not it's a wiki page is absurd. A properly designed web site platform would have one option to create a page and ask you to select what type of page you want (with a clear indication of the differences). It's not rocket science, just very basic ux.

To answer the question all Dlg does is apply "display:none" to the site wide master page elements. So identify the header, quick launch and footer elements and add some css to achieve the same effect.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2020 Views 3,313 Applies to: