How do I modify the view of the document library web part?

When I managed a SharePoint 2010 site, I could apply views to the document library web part. In SharePoint Online, I can create views but they are available only in the native document library, not in its rendition within the document library web part. We'd like to have the type name and description only in the web part rendition, but we cannot change that from type, name, modified, and modified by. 

We are encountering a sort problem as well. When the document library displays within the web part, the folders are not bumped to the top. They become part of the alphabetic sort which also includes the document names. When the native document library displays, the folders are indeed bumped to the top. I cannot find any setting to manage the web part view of the document library. Is there such a thing?

Question Info

Last updated February 9, 2020 Views 2,235 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi TheTechWriter,

In SharePoint Online, to change the view of a web part, please try the steps below:

In the page where the web part is, click the gear on the upper right corner>Edit page>Edit Web Part> Expand the Selected View, choose the view you want to use.> Click Apply to check the outcome>Click OK and save the changes.

After you apply the view to the web part, the file and folders in the web part will display in the view you choose.

Here is an article for your reference:

Add, edit, minimize, or delete a Web Part from a page

Please share updates when you have time.

Thanks,
Felix

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.