Access Web App & Incorrect Timezone

Hi :)

I have created an Access Web App that contains a macro assigned to a button to Set Value of Property to =Now() of a Text Box (of field formated as Date/Time) when clicked.

My issue is that the time is that time returned is incorrect and offset by 8hours behind current local time.  The Timezone for the Site is correct and my personal timezone online for Office 365 is also correct (and also timezone of local pc).

I have heard that the offset maybe due to the Timezone setting of the SQL server but I have not found anyway to confirm this or change it even.

TLDR:  Why is the Timezone returned by =Now() offset by 8 Hours from what I need?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Matt,

Please go to Site Settings > Regional settings, make sure Time Zone is set your current time zone.

Regards,
James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Matt,

Please go to Site Settings > Regional settings, make sure Time Zone is set your current time zone.

Regards,
James

Thanks for taking the time James :)

I can confirm that the Timezone is correct (to London) as per below:

Timezone for Personal Settings also set correctly (see below)

I also tried the =Now() on the Web version of Excel and that returned the correct date?

Still stumped so keep 'em coming :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the details.

Could you also check the time zone settings in your user profile?
Go to SharePoint admin center > user profiles > Manage User Profiles > type your display name and click Find > hover over the Account name and click the down arrow > Edit my profile > scroll down to Time Zone and check whether "Choose your settings" is set to "Always use regional settings defined by site administrators".(This is the default settings)

Regards,
James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the details.

Could you also check the time zone settings in your user profile?
Go to SharePoint admin center > user profiles > Manage User Profiles > type your display name and click Find > hover over the Account name and click the down arrow > Edit my profile > scroll down to Time Zone and check whether "Choose your settings" is set to "Always use regional settings defined by site administrators".(This is the default settings)

Regards,
James

Hi James, thanks again for taking the time help again :)

I have checked the settings you give and they are set to Always use regional settings defined by site administrators

I am the site administrator, so is there another settings page other than the three you give above that I as administrator can change?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

For the time zone settings, if the time zone in site settings is different from that in our user profile, the settings in user profile will take effect.

Could you try the following steps to see if there is any improvement?
1. Go to Edit my profile page following the above steps, scroll down to Time Zone, select "Always use my personal settings" in Choose your settings:

2. Select your current time zone in the Time Zone drop down list.

3. Scroll down and click "Save and Close".

4. Wait for about one hour, go to your site and add a new Access Web App, check whether the time is correct.

If the issue persists, we need to collect your tenant information to check the settings from our side, to protect your privacy, I've sent you a private message to collect it.

Regards,
James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

For the time zone settings, if the time zone in site settings is different from that in our user profile, the settings in user profile will take effect.

Could you try the following steps to see if there is any improvement?
1. Go to Edit my profile page following the above steps, scroll down to Time Zone, select "Always use my personal settings" in Choose your settings:

2. Select your current time zone in the Time Zone drop down list.

3. Scroll down and click "Save and Close".

4. Wait for about one hour, go to your site and add a new Access Web App, check whether the time is correct.

If the issue persists, we need to collect your tenant information to check the settings from our side, to protect your privacy, I've sent you a private message to collect it.

Regards,
James

PM sent.

I will endeavour to post any solutions back on this thread to help any future searches for same error (but I bet it's just me ! :D )

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

We have received the information you provided in Private Message. We will engage related team to further investigate this issue. If there is any update, we will let you know.

Thanks,
Ran

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

This issue has been submitted to our relevant team for further investigation. You will be contacted via the provided email mat*@safeandso**********s.com for further troubleshooting. We will also share the solution to the community once you have confirmed that this issue has been resolved. Community members will be benefited from the outcome of this case.

Thanks,
James

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

.....currently going through issue via email comms with support, will report back with any solutions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Matt,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.  I’d like to write a summary:

Problem

=================

You found there was 8 hours behind current local time when you created an Access Web App that contains a macro assigned to a button to Set Value of Property to =Now() of a Text Box (of field formatted as Date/Time) when clicked.

You have checked the timezone setting from regional setting of the SharePoint and local machine, both are set to London, and the timezone setting on your user profile is also set as "Always use regional settings defined by site administrators".

Troubleshooting

=================

1. We checked your local timezone and SharePoint regional setting and they all set as UTC timezone.

2. We recommended you save problem database as snapshot and create a new app to check if the incorrect timezone issue happened again. And then you feedback that there was no time difference on the new created app.

3. We tested locally and found the timezone of the access app should be consistent with regional setting of SharePoint site.

We suggested you upload the new app to SharePoint site.

4. As you failed to upload this problem app due to “a same version of this app has been existed” even you have deleted it from SharePoint site, we troubleshoot this issue from live meeting.

We resembled the troubleshooting steps as below:

#Issue 1

When we clicked “add app” and uploaded a local application package to SharePoint website, it indicated a same version application has been existed. While we have removed all access app from current site.

Troubleshooting

SharePoint site has two levels recycle bin, you may check it from “Site settings-->Recycle Bin-->End User Recycle Bin items|Deleted from end user Recycle Bin” or from link

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/View-restore-or-delete-items-in-the-Recycle-Bin-of-a-SharePoint-site-6DF466B6-55F2-4898-8D6E-C0DFF851A0BE

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Restore-deleted-content-in-the-Recycle-Bin-of-a-SharePoint-site-5fa924ee-16d7-487b-9a0a-021b9062d14b

1. End-user delete the app from site content.

2. The app is moved to Recycle bin for the site where people can restore it or delete it.

3. If the app is deleted from the site Recycle Bin, it is sent to the Site Collection Recycle Bin, where an administrator can restore it or delete it permanently.

Solution

Remove deleted app from second stage recycle bin page and upload it again.

#Issue 2

After we uploaded the application to SharePoint site,  we failed to open it due to permission issue.

Troubleshooting

We created new application and upload it to the same site, at this time, we could open the new application successfully, seems there is some permission issue regarding the data of this problem app.

1. We extracted the database from this app and found there are two tables inside and one of them is a linked table. There is records in non-linked table.

2. We opened the Access app in office access by selecting customize in Access from the settings gear icon in the app.

3. Created two new linked table to the same SharePoint list that was previous linked

4. When we’re prompted for authorization, click Trust it and click OK.

5. Delete the newly created linked table.

6. Save and publish, at this time, we could view the data from the non linked table, and we could not view the structure of another linked table from Office Access.

We confirmed with you got to know that one table is OK.

Solution

The authentication will be broke when we save the database as snapshot and upload to the website. We added two linked tables to authentication again from below link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3140416

#Issue 3

There was still 8 hours lag from local time after we opened the app.

Troubleshooting

We checked the timezone in regional setting and found it’s UTC -8, and the app time was consistent with this time zone.

And currently, the app was published in a sub site. We moved to the main site and checked the timezone in regional setting was UTC.

We did same things in issue 2 to publish this app and this time, there was no time different between app and local machine.

Solution

App timezone should be consistent with timezone in regional setting.

Root Cause

=================

Incorrect timezone in regional setting of SharePoint site.

Resolution

=================

Edited problem app and republished to SharePoint site. The timezone of new published app was consistent with current timezone of regional setting.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post a new thread, and we will continue to assist you from there.

Regards,
James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2018 Views 929 Applies to: