SharePoint Hero Webpart disappears

Hi,

I have a SharePoint Online Team site. I am trying to add the Hero webpart to our home page. I am able to add the web part and configure the tiles with links and pictures. However, once I save and exit edit view, the Hero WP only shows the title and none of the titles. When I go to edit the WP, I cannot gain access to the titles either. I am able to create a new page and easily add the Hero WP but other features are different. Also, there is no option to add the new page as my home page.

Here are some notes -

1. I tried in IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
  2. I deleted and added the WP 2x with the same issue.
  3. My home page appears to be in classic SharePoint view. When I edit the home page I have different options than when I create and edit a new page.   

Home Page - SBS Team Site is the title to the Hero web part. Notice that classic edit bar and wp menu. No tiles show and no option to edit.

New Page with Hero WP

C

Can you help me either make the WP visible on my current home page or change the new page to my home page?

Thank you!!

The look of the modern page can be achieved in a classic site with a few lines of css and you can avoid the broken and untested modern features .. So I'd stick to that until Msft fixes the modern experience.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Sara,

How do you add Hero web part to your classic site? There are some web parts which are available in modern page only and Hero web part is one of them.

For the list of web parts available in modern page, please see Using web parts on SharePoint Online pages

To add Hero web part to modern page, see Use the Hero web part for detail.

Thanks,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Neha,

The site is on SharePoint Online and the home page is a Wiki Page. I added the Hero web part by selecting edit on the Wiki Page > select Insert tab > select Media and Content under Categories > Select Hero under Parts. I noticed that I only experience this issue on the Wiki Pages, not on Site Pages.  I am able to easily add the WP and configure the tiles.  But once I save the page, the WP only shows the title, not the tiles. That's the issue. Any advice? I'd like to use the Wiki page due to some other features.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a 'classic' example of why only a company as clueless as msft would mix 2 parallel and incompatible types of site. They've turned what was already generally regarded as an awful content management system into a complete disaster. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2022 Views 1,021 Applies to: