MS Office Upload Center - Delete Files from the Office Document Cache stays unticked

Hi,

I have an issue with the Microsoft Office Upload Center. I wish for the system not to cache documents from SharePoint as this appears to be causing problems on the computer. 

After examining the Upload Center settings I noticed the option to 'Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed'.

This is what I need enabled so I usually have it ticked however I have noticed that the box remains unticked whenever I go back into the Upload Center, this happens immediately. I follow the below process:

- Open the upload center

- Open Settings

- Tick 'Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed'

- Click OK

- Close the Office Upload Center

- Immediately reopen the Upload Center and the Settings and the box is now unticked

I am using the Office Upload Center 2016

Thanks,

Fraser

Answer
Answer

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will post a summary for other community members to easily see the information.

Symptom

In the Office 2016 Upload Center, the option to Delete files from the Office Document Cache when they are closed can't be saved. It will always revert back to unticked.

Environment

Office 2016 ProPlus version 1704 (8067.2115) and higher - currently this is the Current channel version.

Additional information

We have reported this issue to the related team.

Regards,

Sheen

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 744 Applies to: