Modern List - Classic Form II

Hi,

there is a similiar post already called "Modern List - Classic Form", but it did not help me .....

I have created a custom Sharepoint List in modern view including an custom content Type. When I try to add a new Item or edit an existing one, SP shows me the classical Form instead of a new one ...

some Infos:

- Content Type includes Choice Fields, custom Managed Metadata Fields, Enterprise Keywords and numeric Fields

(no calculated column, that's why the referred thread did not help)

- Star Rating for the List is enabled

-> I think here is the problem (when i added the content Type and star rating was disabled, it worked fine! - but removing the star rating did not repair it .....)

Thx for your help,

Eric

Update: It seems to be really the star rating column ....

Step1) Create modern List -> works fine

2) add the custom content type and remove the default item ct -> works fine

3) add all columns from ct to default view -> works fine

4) adding custom ct with star rating column -> classic form is shown when adding or editing an item ...

even after removing ct with star rating, classic form is shown .... so List is "broken" ....

Answer
Answer

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your information.

I have done a similar test as yours and I can reproduce this behavior. Please see my further investigation using the

Steps below:

1.Create a normal list and add custom content type as yours. When we make a new item, it will use new experience

2.Access this URL: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/teams/[subsite name]/_api/web/getfilebyserverrelativeurl('/teams/[subsite name]//Lists/[your list]/newform.aspx')/pageRenderType. You will find that page render type is 100

3.You add a custom content type with star sating column. When we make a new item, it will use classic experience.

4.Access this URL: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/teams/[subsite name]/_api/web/getfilebyserverrelativeurl('/teams/[subsite name]//Lists/[your list]/newform.aspx')/pageRenderType. You will find that page render type is 21.

5.Check this article Customizing "modern" lists and libraries and you can find 100 means new experience and 21 means InvalidFieldTypeInForm.

In conclusion, adding rating column should change the code of the new/edit form, which makes it invalidfieldtypeform. Since it may change at code side, deleting the column will not help. So what you experience is a normal behavior.

If you have any ideas or insights, I would suggest you share the same with our related team using User Voice. Your providing feedback will make our products better for you and others. In your situation, you may recreate your list from scratch.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sky

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2019 Views 649 Applies to: