Modern Pages Not Working Correctly - Hero Web - part not showing Titles

Split from this thread.

Hi I am having the same issue. Hero titles not showing in the 4 tiles on the right within chrome but are showing in Edge

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Ross,

I just test from my side in a new page of a team site, the titles of Hero Web Part shows in both Chrome and Edge. This is a screenshot of the page in Chrome:

There are some suggestions you may try first:

1. Check the Show title in layout is checked. If it is not checked, the title in the text box above will not show.

2. Try updating Chrome: Customize in the upper-right > Help > About Google Chrome

3. Open the same URL in a New Incognito Window: Customize in the upper-right > New Incognito Window. If it solves the issue, we suggest you clear the catch of Chrome.

If you have a different performance of the page with mine, could share more information on the Hero Web Part and support you better?

1. Is it a communication site of a team site?

2. Have you tried a different site? If it happens to only one site, it probably related to the site itself.

3. Could you share a screenshot of the page?

4. Are you using a MacOS or Windows system? Could you share the version of OS with us so we could test if we could reproduce same performance in the same environment you have?

Regards,

Alex

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Split from this thread.

Hi I am having the same issue. Hero titles not showing in the 4 tiles on the right within chrome but are showing in Edge

@RossJennings, while mine just came right... I suspect it was something to do with an update that ran automatically

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alex, thanks for looking into this so quick, 

I have an up to date Chrome browser, have cleared the cache and enabled show title in each of the four smaller tiles. When I toggle show title the title appears but disappears once I publish the page. 

1. It is a team site

2. I have had this error on multiple site pages

4. Using Windows 10 on Office 365

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ross,

Thanks for comming back. Could share a screenshot of the apge in Chrome? If you concerned about privacy, you could share it via Private Message. Here is the link to PM: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox.

Regards,

Alex

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why do you need to see a page with something not displaying? Please explain how that helps to troubleshoot an obvious coding error by Msft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi webbrewers3,

Thanks for caring.

The reason is we cannot reproduce the same performance from our side. If we can do that, we will get everything we need from our side such as the screenshots, videos of how it happens and network condition, etc, then involve the related team to look into the issue, but unfortunately, we cannot do that for this case. All of our tests show different outcome from Ross's. That's why we need screenshots and other information such as network log from our customers to find out a root cause of it.

Regards,
Alex

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You didn't ask for a network trace. You already have several reports of this issue, so it's clearly not an isolated problem. Wouldn't it make sense to escalate this to someone who knows something about how it was coded so they can fix the bug? Especially since it's clear the modern experience was inadequately tested.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi webbrewers3,

Actually, that's the next thing we are going to do. Except for network trace, we also need a related link which has this performance too. Currently, we don't have one SharePoint Online link have that issue from our side. Even we transfer this to the related team, they will not have an example from us to look into or someone who has access to the infected site to gather the needed logs.

I asked for the screenshot because the image seems not uploaded successfully from the last reply. I will collect other information too, thanks for reminding me.

We do have two reports about this has been confirmed by our users for now. The former one, which is reported by Shannon in this thread, has been confirmed that the issue is gone when we haven't done the basic troubleshooting and information collecting. This is the second one has confirmed by Ross. We will follow this or transfer this when Ross's reply to us.

Regards,
Alex

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Understood, Yeah, I guess a screenshot would be the best way to visually describe the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

I have sent private screenshots to Alex of the issue which still remains and is preventing the launch of our new intranet homepage. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2023 Views 490 Applies to: