How can I hide the has access options for exteranlly shared files on sharepoint

I'm looking at external file sharing on sharepoint, i've sent a link to my personal email address and I can access the link just fine but on the right hand side I have hte option to manage access, is there any way to remove this so that external users can't see it?

Answer
Answer

Hi David,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this behavior.

I tested at my end, when I share a folder or site to external user with view permission, the external user can see the manage access list at their end.  We also tried to give a unique permission of specific file so that external user can only access this file. However, he can access the file root path (Folder) and see the Manage access list.(He can't access the other library or sites contents of this site)  So, It should be a by design setting in SharePoint Online. We are sorry for that can’t be changed for now.

We think your requirement can really improve our product. We suggest you post this requirement in SharePointUserVoice. The related team will adapt high votes idea and keep bring better using experience. Your idea may turn this feature into reality and benefit more users.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Ivy

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2021 Views 118 Applies to: