I have a PDF report in a SharePoint Online document library, on a site created by Teams. The report has links in it, some to public/external sites but some are to internal files, also PDFs, also in the same library. (They're supporting documents for report.)
I've shared the library with myself as an external user (using a Gmail address), view-only, since we need to share the report externally and have both the external and internal links work. Using the Windows login associated with my Gmail account on a separate machine, I can view and access the folder/library that I gave myself access to. So far, so good.
I open the report. The links to the public sites work fine, whether they're to a website or PDF, but the links to the internal ones yield essentially an image of the first page of the linked-to PDF and then a forever-turning wheel-o'-waiting, which never finishes loading.
However, if I navigate to the file to which the link links and click the Name, they all open, no problem.
· * Tried every configuration of access available to me (link to view, link to edit, direct access), although it can't really be an access issue since I can directly click and open them fine.
· * Put the report and the linked-to files in the same folder.
· * Changed one of the library settings (Library Settings > Advanced Settings > Opening Documents in the Browser > Open in the client application).
· * Reduced the size of one of the PDFs; it's now under 1M.
· * Grabbed different links, including copying the link from the Name (which if you click it, opens fine) and tried it in a new tab/window – where it doesn't load.
Saved the PDFs without the "Fast View" option on.
* Made myself a full member of the Teams team. (Not desired functionality but just to see.)
All to no avail.
Again, this is only about links, as far as I can tell. It's also only about PDFs, since Word documents and pngs seem to work fine. How do I get the PDFs to load like they're supposed to??