Comment icon on SharePoint Lists item

Hi,

Referring the SharePoint List which I created, I found my coworker added comment to the item, but it doesn't show any icon on the list.
Could you help me to clarify it? I am not sure if it is my wrong setting or the icon is only shown with the title column.

<My created SharePoint List "A" which doesn't show icon on the item.↓>

<I check my the other SharePoint List "B" and the icon shows when that item include the comments.↓>

I appreciate your help and suggestions in advance.

Best regards,

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Chiekco,

Thank you for sharing the experience with us and providing the screenshots to describe the issue. From description, you cannot see the comment icon when you coworker added comment to a item in a SharePoint list.

As you can see the comment icon from a different SharePoint list, I suppose the admin in your organization has enabled commenting.

When I test from my side I find that if I create a new view without Title column for a list, when I switch to the new view, the comment icon won't display although the item has comments.

May I know if the current view of your list has the Title column?

If not, I suggest you switch to a different view having Title column, or create a new view having Title column, then check if comment icon appears. For reference: Create, change, or delete a view of a list or library

I'm afraid the comment icon will only show when the list view has the Title column. I could understand the frustration it caused. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Given this, I sincerely recommend sharing your valuable feedback to SharePoint UserVoice, this is the best way to let the developers know your requirements and suggestions, help to improve the product and make it better for you and others. Thanks for your understanding.

If I misunderstand the scenario or the situation from your side is different from what I describe, feel free to post back and let me know, I will help you do further troubleshooting.

Hope you have a nice day. 😊

Best Regards,

Tina

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2021 Views 43 Applies to: