Skype For Business Online Web App URL?

I'm looking for the standard Skype For Business Online Web App. All I'm finding are links for joining meetings. I simply want the URL to launch the Web App. Since we migrated Lync 2010 to Skype For Business Online cloud some users who don't have the client installed who normally use the old on-premise URL now can't login.

Hi Angel.Gonzalez,

What does the “Skype for Business Online Web App” refer to? Is it the Skype for Business Web App?

If so, as the article mentions, Skype for Business Web App is a browser-based meeting client that you use to join Skype for Business meetings. You can’t schedule a meeting from Skype for Business Web App but can join a meeting that was scheduled using either Microsoft Outlook or Skype for Business Web Scheduler. And it provides only a rich meeting experience and doesn’t offer any other Skype for Business features such as IM, presence, etc.

You may refer to the following URL to launch the Web App:
join.microsoft.com/.../8BNBZMDT

Please note: You should download and install the Skype for Business Web App plug-in to launch the Skype for Business Web App.

However, if the “Skype for Business Online Web App” you mentioned is referring to a browser-based app which has all the features like the Skype for Business desktop client, I’d like to tell you there is no such a browser-based client right now. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mouran

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Back in the Office Communicator 2007 days, there use to be a link (normally https://cwa.companyname.com and the user would be able to sign on to a "Web Version" of the OCS Client. Now that we've migrated off premise and on to the cloud service, I'm looking for an equivalent URL that would offer this functionality.  

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi angel,

at present, specialized skype for business web app has limited functionalities, such as sending im and join and meeting functions like mouran mentioned above.

please refer to the following steps to send im or schedule a meeting using skype for business web app.

sign in to owa > click your avatar > click sign in to im. then you can send im or schedule a meeting. navigate to owa people > select one of your contact.

note: if you want to send im to an external user. you need to add this user to skype for business contact list in skype for business desktop client firstly.

to ensure receive the best experience, i suggest you install the skype for business desktop client. then you can use other features such as audio/video call and so on.

at the same time, i recommend you submit feedback to our related team via

[view:https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273494-outlook-and-calendar:550:50].

many features have been designed or upgraded based on customers’ valuable advice.

best regards,

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2020 Views 108,141 Applies to: