Skype for Business - Disable Notifications

good afternoon,

recently, while migrating users to office 365, those of us logged into skype started getting constant popup notifications in the lower right corner of our screen. looking at my own interface, it appears that a few users have been added to "my group" and i get notifications from them, when they become available, unavailable, go online, go offline, etc. 

looking at the settings for alerts and such, there doesn't appear to be much of any options to choose from to disable these. i can see some good uses for groups in our organization, but people are already starting to complain about these notifications throughout the day. 

is there no way to disable them? choosing untag or ignore seems to do nothing, and really the only notification anyone here cares about is if we receive a new im. here is an example of the popup we most often receive:

appreciate any help i receive.

thanks!

mike

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2018 Views 56,134 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In trying this workaround on my recently installed version of S4B I've found the 'Tag for Status Change Alerts' option greyed out when multiple users are selected. It's almost like MS is actively trying to thwart any attempt to easily disable notifications in the app.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It looks like to me that Microsoft wants to people to stop using Skype for Business.  I for one will help.  I will stop using it.  IT Operations at my company has been using HipChat and it works really well.  I will log into Skype when I can't find somebody on HipChat and then close it out.  

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

we're seeing this too.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what we've been doing as well, Dave.  We've just added it as part of our **** setup process for new machines.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have managed to turn off the 'Tag for Status Change Alerts' for multiple users by first selecting the Status or Relationships Tab. You can then select multiple user either with Control or Shift key held down. Then right click for the context menu and remove tick.

Hope this helps.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

is there a solution for this issue?? my company just rolled out skype for business and these idiotic popups are extremely annoying/distracting. we moved from cisco webex to skype and now i really miss webex as it did not annoy me...

as a developer distractions like useless popups cost money in development time. i'm getting ready to uninstall this thing and use google hangouts instead (also not annoying).

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, me too. My organization is the same problem with this. **** is a bad Microsoft product until now. It should be improved more and more. Beside this, when user make a presentation via ****, the video sometime blurring and then no one see anything on user's desktop. We must work around to switch to use teamviewer instead. MS take a lot of money every month with MS's product but it is terrible app.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I agree with your comments.  This is a major issue.  This is causing people in my organization to disable Skype For Business.  Please implement a global setting ASAP.

Thank You!

Sorry this didn't help.

Has there been progress on this?  My company had rolled out Skype for business over a year ago and didn't encounter this issue.  We recently migrated our O365 domain, and we're now getting these annoying pop-ups. I agree with Adam, the proposed solution is a clumsy work-around and not a solution.  It sounds like there isn't any traction from Microsoft to address this, which is really going to hurt adoption of this useful tool.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Despite being logged in to my O365 account (and able to post here) that feedback forum says "Your email address does not have access to this forum"???

The provided solution is not a solution, it's a bad work-around.  I want it to auto-populate (why should every new employee have to add every other one manually) but I do not want my work interrupted by constant pointless notifications whenever anyone else in the company goes on or off-line!  I cannot be alone in this.  I should be able to say by default if I want such notifications (possibly with the option to override per user).  At the very least my IT department should be able to set it to auto-populate but with on/off-line notifications off.  This is basic - any tool we introduce should make our work more not less effective.  Constant irritating notifications break peoples concentration and do just the opposite.

·

Sorry this didn't help.