Cannot log onto Skype for Business

Hi,

I am having difficulties signing in to skype for business/lync. I get this message: "We can't connect to the server. Check your network connection and server address and try again." I looked through the posts here but was unable to solve my issue. When I connect to a public wifi, the app works fine, but as soon as I switch over to my home wifi, it doesn't work. I've checked that my home wifi works. Login worked on my home wifi until maybe a couple weeks ago. Please advise.

Thanks

Hi JenniferLee1580,

From your description, I understand that you cannot logon to Skype for Business on your mobile device only in home Wi-Fi. I’d like to confirm have you tried to manual configure your account?

If no, please enter https://webdir.online.lync.com/Autodiscover/autodiscoverservice.svc/Root as the internal and external discovery addresses by clicking Server Settings on the sign-in page and then check whether there is any improvement.

If the issue persists, we need to collect some information below to further troubleshoot it:

1. Let us know the troubleshooting steps you have been tried.

2. Your device OS version such as iOS 9.2/Android 6.0.1 and Skype for Business app version such as 6.2.0.24.

3. Could you confirm whether any other users in your organization encounter the same issue in your home Wi-Fi?

If you are using the desktop client but not a mobile device, please provide the following information for troubleshooting:

1. The troubleshooting steps you have been tried.

2. Your OS version such as Windows 8 and Skype for Business client version such as Skype for Business 2016 (16.0.6701.1013).

We appreciate your details,

Larry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JenniferLee1580,

We haven't hear you for a while, do you have any updates?

Regards,
Larry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 377 Applies to: