Skype for Business Meeting Screen Share Problems and File Transfer

Hello,

I'm using version 16.0.11601.20174 of skype (32 bit) now after a recent update.  Since that update, I have 2 problems plaguing me:

- I can screen share with another person; but when in a meeting, I cannot view someone screen sharing only within the context of that meeting.  Direct peer-to-peer screen share works fine.

- I can't receive a file anymore over skype (fails on all file types); it just fails.

I used to be able to do both before the latest update.  Is there a resolution to this?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi Bmains,

Thanks for your posting here, if you can peer-to-peer screen share but fail to view someone screen sharing in meeting, may I know if you have the stable and high network bandwidth? Please check if the Audio/Video network requirements are satisfied: Plan network requirements for Skype for Business, you may change a different network connection.

If you can't receive any type file in Skype for business client, may I confirm that if you can't receive file from single sender of all sender? Please make sure the sender have send the file in his side, please  try the following steps to clear Skype for Business cache and check whether it helps.

1. Go to File > Sign Out to log out of Skype for Business.
  2. Click Delete my sign-in info to delete any sign-in information.
  3. Exit Skype for Business.
  4. Navigate to Users> (your username) > AppData > Local > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 > Lync.
  5. Delete the sip_profileName folder.
  6. Delete all files in Tracing folder.  Do not delete the folder itself.
  7. Open the command prompt and run ipconfig /flushdns.

If issue persists, I need to collect more information.

1. Is there any error message in sender/recipient side if you fail to receive the file? If yes, please share a screenshot of the error message for us.
  2. Is the sender the internal or external user? Can that sender share file to others successfully?
  3. Will this issue occur to other users in the same organization?

Regards,

Bryan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 347 Applies to: