Skype for Business won't sign in

I have been using Skype for Business for some time now, but this Past Monday morning it would not sign in when I started my computer.  I have tried to delete my sign in info but it does not delete nor it does not ask me to reinsert my password.  It just sits there trying to sign in.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Glen,

Please remove stored credentials in Windows Credential Manager following these steps:

•Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.
•Select Windows Credential section, click on your Skype for Business credential.
•Click Remove.

Meanwhile, try using Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 and select Skype for Business > I’m having trouble signing into Skype for Business to check if it helps.

If the problem persists, please give us the following information:

1. The detailed version of the Skype for Business client.

2. Do any other users in your organization encounter the same problem?

3. A screenshot of the error message.

Regards,

Barry

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Skype Enterprise 2016 MSO (16.0.9001.2080) 32-bit

<Remove for Private Information>

No other users in my organization are having issues.

There is no error message, it is just sitting with a message "Contacting server and signing in...".

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

To narrow down if this issue related to Skype for Business client or Skype for Business account, please help to sign in your Skype for Business account on other client/PC (please try multiple Skype for Business clients) to see if you can sign in (you can sign in your colleague’s Skype for Business client which he can sign in to see if you can sign in).

If you can sign in another client, it state that this issue may be related to your Skype for Business client/PC, please help to check following:

1. Please update your Skype for Business to the latest version (16.0.9029.2016) to see if you can sign in.
  2. Change another network to see if you can sign in.
  3. Delete the sip folder for your Skype for Business account:
    • Click “Delete my sign-in info”
    • Click File>Exit Skype for Business.
    • Go to Computer to find the folder: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync and delete your sip profiled folder (your sign in address) and delete the all files under the Tracing folder.
    • Open CMD and enter: ipconfig /flushdns
    • Re-open Skype for Business to see if you can sign in.

If you still can’t sign in other multiple Skype for Business clients, it states that this issue may be related to your Skype for Business account. Please help to perform an Office 365 Lync Domain Server (DNS) Connectivity test: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ (Office 365 > Office 365 Lync Domain Server (DNS) Connectivity test), then expand all result and save as HTML, send the HTML to us via Private Message.

I also will send you a test account, please help to try to sign in this test account on your Skype for Business client to see if it can be sign in.

Thanks,

Richard

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Richard:

I have done everything as listed above including loading the latest version of Skype for Business but am still unable to sign in.  I am unable to sign into Skype for Business on any of my devises.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your feedback. Now, I know that you can't sign in any Skype for Business client/devices with your Skype for Business account. So, please help to perform above Office 365 Lync Domain Server (DNS) Connectivity test: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ (go to Office 365 > Office 365 Lync Domain Server (DNS) Connectivity test > Next > Enter your Sign in address and start the test).

After you finished the test, please help to send us the result like below:

1. Expand all result and click “Save as HTML” beside with “Expand all” option.
  2. Then send this file to us via Private Message.

Note: about the link you sent on PM, I couldn’t see any information.

Thanks,

Richard

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your information from PM. Based on the test result, everything looks fine and every record for Skype for Business is ok. This account should be able to sign in Skype for Business client. So, please help to check if the Skype for Business online license is assigned or available:

1. Sign in Office portal: https://www.office.com
  2. Click your avatar and click My account.
  3. Choose Subscriptions and send us a complete screenshot of all license you have, we will help to check if your account was assigned Skype for Business online license.

If there is no Skype for Business online license under your subscriptions, it states that your account's license was removed or out of date, then you can't sign in Skype for Business anymore.

Thanks,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your information from PM. Generally, Skype for Business will pop up a window to ask password when you sign in a new Skype for Business account like below:

If you clear all cache for this account, it still also not pop up to ask password. Please help to check following information:

1. The detailed version/build number of Skype for Business. If it is 16.0.9029.2106? or?
  2. Ask you colleagus sign in their Skype for Business account (same organzaiton) on your PC to see if they can sign in. Meanwhile, if other people in your organizaiton have same issue?
  3. Try manually configure your Skype for Business account: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-advanced-connection-options-in-skype-for-business-65cea3f0-21c7-475e-9a84-2d500b18e0e2. Note: both of the internal and external enter: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
  4. Please try to new a Windows user to narrow if this issue related to Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4026923/windows-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Richard:

Here are my responses to your questions above:

1. 16.0.9029.2106

2.  No one else in my company is having an issue with Skype.

3.  We do not have domains setup on our computers, see attached system page.

4.  I do not feel comfortable setting up another user on this computer.

Thanks,

Glen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your feedback. About the manually configure Skype for Business, please help to follow my above method to try it, if there is any error message, please send a screenshot it to us. This method not related whether you have domain on your computer or not. Note: I can't see the picture you provided, it may be damaged.

Meanwhile, please help to send us the Skype for Business logs, we will help to check it. Please reproduce this issue with your account firstly, then help to collect the logs: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-on-error-logs-in-skype-for-business-4892fe33-ef40-48e2-9070-5308d2a57c7e (collect the Tracing folder). Note: Please also deleted files under the tracing folder before you reproduce this issue (you can follow above above steps I provided to delete the files under the Tracing folder), Skype for Business will help to generate new logs under the Tracing folder (for this issue) when you reproduce this issue.

Please send the log to us via Private Message.

Thanks,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your information from PM. From automatic log you sent, we can't see any result of it. To better help you, please help to follow above steps to delete all caches again and then enter your Skype for Business account on client (reproduce this issue). Then, collect and send the automatic log to us via Private Message again. We will help to analyze this log.

Meanwhile, about the manually configure Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-advanced-connection-options-in-skype-for-business-65cea3f0-21c7-475e-9a84-2d500b18e0e2, please see below, if there is any error message, please send us a screenshot of it.

Otherwise, please also check following additional information, it will be useful to troubleshot this issue:

1. Please go to Outlook Web App to see if you can sign in Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/IM-in-Outlook-Web-App-20e80ef4-3464-4d56-b7ba-01e6c451fde4
  2. Please help to involve your IT admin or organization admin to check the DNS record:
  • Right click the Network (bottom right of screen) and choose "Open Network and Sharing Center". Click "Change adapter settings" and choose the Network Connections you are using. And right click (then choose Properties), then double click the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)". Send us the screenshot like below:

• Send us the host file: go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and send us the "hosts" file here like below:

Thanks,

Richard

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2021 Views 66,621 Applies to: