Call Answered By - Delegate Email

Greetings,

Historically, if one of my delegates answered a call for me, I would receive an email that said:

Subject: Call from Library Circulation (Work) answered by John Smith

Call for you from Library Circulation answered by John Smith

Caller-Id:

Library Circulation

Work:

727-xxx-xxxx

Email:

LibraryCirculation@OurDomain.com

This functionality stopped 3/1, which we now assume was related to the sunset of Exchange Unified Messaging.  We have been migrated to Cloud Voicemail for several months.  Another clue for us was the slight font differences between emails such as the "Missed Call" email leading us to believe this was still originating from Unified Messaging.

Is there any way to regain this functionality?  I see almost no documentation on this feature, but have a few users that were relying on this functionality.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi JAS1178,

Thank you for your posting in the forum community. We will be very glad to help you here.

Based on your mentioned description, at once we suggest you that kindly re-enable this “Exchange Unified Messaging” settings for voice mail. For this activity, if you are not admin, kindly contact to your admin of the organization and after that try to check the result (it may take 24 hours for such kind of changes from server).

Also, we would like to suggest you that kindly re-configure your Voicemail setting for this “Call Answered By Delegate” in Skype for Business.

Further, we would like to collect below information from your side so we can do further analysis and assist you accordingly.

1. Could you please provide us detailed steps and screenshot about “Exchange Unified Messaging” settings from your admin side so we can do further analysis?

2. Could you please provide us detailed steps and screenshot about “how did you setup Call Answered By Delegate” in Skype for Business?

3. What is your Skype for Business or Office 365 server environment? Is it On-premises or Hybrid or Pure cloud?

Regards,
Darpan
* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JAS1178,

I'm writing to follow up on this thread. If you need any further help or information, kindly feel free to contact us and provide us above mentioned information so we can further assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Darpan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Darpan,

Exchange Unified Messaging was disabled and replaced with Cloud VoiceMail by your company, not by JAS1178, he cannot re-enable it.

Please contact your technical advisor and provide clear answer.

Thank you,
Jiri

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi brumla77,

Thank you for your reply. Based on your mentioned reply, could you please provide us the information about “what is your Skype for Business server environment? Is it On-premises or Hybrid? so that we can further search and consult with team and provide such kind of information from our side.

Further, after doing some research from our side, we have found some information about Exchange Unified Messaging Online migration support, kindly refer this detailed information article, if it can give you some related about Exchange Unified Messaging.

Kindly feel free to contact us and provide us above mentioned information from your side for further analysis and assistant.

Regards,

Darpan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey JAS1178,

I actually had to research this today.  The notification you are referencing is not in Cloud Voicemail.  Users will received missed call notifications, voicemail notifications, and voicemail transcriptions, but this notification is not present in Cloud Voicemail.  I've submitted a documentation update request (I think for the Set Up Cloud Voicemail page).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nicholas and Darpan,

thank you for your help. Losing features is always a pain, but at least now we have exact information :)

Thanks,

Jiri

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Even these notifications for call forward is missing after UM to CVM migration by Microsoft. Is this also by design? If yes, can you please update MS article reflecting the same. Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 492 Applies to: