Question

Q: How do I shut off Microsoft Publisher when I scan? This thread is locked from future replies

When I scan from my Cannon Printer, I get a dialog on my screen that asks me if I want to use Microsoft Publisher or my printer software for the process.  This never used to happen.  I used to hit the scanner button on my printer, and it sent a file to my computer automatically.  Now, this dialog box pops up.  Is there a way to get rid of this?  I don't want to manually tell my computer that I'm using my Cannon program for scanning every time.  I think this happened because I opened up Microsoft Publisher once.

Answer

A:

In case you are still looking for the answer, go to control panel, devices & printers (assuming windows 7, otherwise something like 'scanners and cameras').  Find the scanner, right-click, select 'scan properties' and then the 'events' tab.  You should be able to associate an action with each button, this will prevent the choice prompt from coming up.  I had the same problem and uninstalling publisher did not fix it, oddly enough.  Nor was there a way to set this from within the scanner software (canon mp navigator), it was unaware that I had publisher installed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Of course there would be a setting on the printer to setup where to direct the scan. It could go as an image to your computer, to your desktop, to a program such as Publisher or Word, to a FAX, or directly to the printer to print a copy of the scanned page. Read the documentation for your scanner on how to use it.

Yes, you can uninstall Publisher but that is a bit overkill unless you never use the program. You would uninstall it just like you uninstall any program. If you are using XP go to control panel and uninstall.

DavidF

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 891 Last updated: February 22, 2018 Applies to: