powerpoint 2013 creating video will not finish.

powerpoint 2013 creating video does not work.  It starts and just before it finishes I get a message saying powerpoint cannot finish creating the video.  Would I like to try again.  What is causing this to happen and how can I fix it?I'm running the 32 bit versioon with windows 7.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2019 Views 12,612 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi LoyalJoe,

I was able both figure out and fix the issue myself.  Contacting Microsoft is a waste of time if you have trimmed audio.  My slide shows contained trimmed audio in the presentations.  I deleted the audio.  Downloaded a free version of "Audacity" and converted the audio to the correct format and then trimmed the audio in Audacity.  Then I had no issues creating a video from the power point.  Remember to put everything in the correct formats.  It will work then.  Microsoft should fix this issue.  It was the same with PP 2010.  I have no idea why they put features in...like trimming....if it affects other features like creating a video.  Microsoft needs to listen to their customers and more and more competitive software is being made to compete.  I bought PP 2013 so it would be easy to make the video I had in mind.  It's a lot of extra work and time to make the videos.  There are easier ways with other software.  Hope this helps.  Let me know what happens with your slideshow.

84 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.