Animation Sequence Icons Not Showing

We're using Windows and PowerPoint 2013, in a computer lab setting.  When applying animation to slide objects, the animation sequence icons do not show on all of the computers, but it does show on some.  It's got to be a simple setting somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it.  Thanks!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Kimberley,

I understand that in your PowerPoint 2013 presentations when applying animations to slide object the sequence does not show on all the computers, but, only on some computers.

In order to resolve this issue please check the steps shown on the following Microsoft Resource link>

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/powerpoint-help/apply-multiple-animation-effects-to-one-object-HA104184342.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102809557

Please check if this helps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have the Animation Tab selected?
www.pptalchemy.co.uk

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the quick responses.  On one of the computers, making sure that the animation tab was selected worked.  On one of the others the sequence numbers still do not show.  I even took a presentation that showed the numbers on one computer and opened it on one where they were not showing.  Still no sequence numbers.  Getting really frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We're using Windows and PowerPoint 2013, in a computer lab setting.  When applying animation to slide objects, the animation sequence icons do not show on all of the computers, but it does show on some.  It's got to be a simple setting somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it.  Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having similar issues. I've been teaching PowerPoint for quite a few years and we recently switched to 2013 and for some reasons the animation sequence icons don't always appear. This should be a simple fix, but I can't find anything anywhere. This is quite frustrating.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Biguns8,  It helps a little to know that someone else is having the same problem.  Last night we had another problem trying to import a Word outline into PowerPoint.  Every computer got an error message that PowerPoint couldn't import this kind of file.  Grrrr.  It works okay on several other computers outside the lab.  Have you tried this?  Does it do the same thing in your situation?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually just went ahead and tried it and it worked fine. However, this was in one of our labs, maybe it would be different if I tried it at home. I'm currently using existing data files that were originally created in 2010. I haven't been able to decide if that has anything to do with it or not. I have other PowerPoint files for my own presentations created in 2010 and they generally don't show the animation sequence icons. I was hesitant to go to 2013 in the first place because I don't care for the interface, but a few weeks ago we were forced into it. It's been one little headache after another since.

If you ever find a solution to this issue, please post.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe I figured out the problem, however, I don't know how to fix it. It seems to be a Microsoft glitch. Your situation may be slightly different, but this is what I've found. Every time I download and open a PowerPoint file from my email or class website, it DOES NOT include the animation icons. However, every time I open a file locally, even when I save a downloaded file locally, the animation icons show up just fine. I'll experiment with this also when I get home. I'm still using 2010 there and maybe it happened then as well and I just didn't recognize, although, I don't believe so. Hopefully, someone (Microsoft) fixes this issue.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same issues with power point not showing me the animation sequence icons.  

When I download and open a power point file from my instructor, the sequence numbers are not shown--even though I have the ANIMATIONS tab selected & have the animation pane open.  

What I have found to work for me is this: I save the downloaded presentation, close it, then reopen it.  Once I have reopened the presentation, the animation sequence icons are visible.  

I do not know why this is, but it seems to work for me when the animation sequence icons are not visible.

(Using Microsoft 2013)

148 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At our company we have all the shared documents on a network disk.. When we upgraded to Office 2013, I noticed that all the animation sequence icons were gone. Your workaround also works in my situation.

So opening files from network disks also causes this problem. Would be nice if microsoft would come with a fix, so I don't have to copy files to local disk, edit them and move them back all the time.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 28,146 Applies to: