Change color of everything assigned to one color in theme to another color in same theme

I have a large deck with numerous items assigned to the hyperlink color. I'd like to change everything in the hyperlink color to another color in the theme so that I could have the hyperlinks be used for actual hyperlinks. Is there script that can go through every object in a deck and reassign anything that is hyperlink to another theme color?
Good question.

I've just started playing with themes myself so I don't have the answer.  A good source of info I've found about themes is Vikie Sokol-Evans at Redcape. Maybe you could ask her / them directly

<snip>

Vickie Sokol Evans, MCT
Speaker & Bestselling Author of the Tips in Minutes series now on Amazon Kindle and the "100 Tips in 100 Minutes" Spiral-Bound Guide

Get Support: Phone: 877-814-6413
Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Post a question: www.facebook.com/redcapeco 
</snip>

<snip http://www.wordarticles.com/Articles/Colours/2007.php   >

When a colour has been chosen, Word 2007 stores it, in its workspace, as selected; that is, if a fixed colour is chosen Word stores the number representing that fixed colour. If, however, a Colour Scheme colour is chosen Word will store a different number referencing that Colour Scheme and any adjustments to its brightness; it will not store the RGB value itself. If the document is later saved in Word 2007 format (.docx or .dotm) then the same values will be stored in the document. If, on the other hand, the document is saved in Word 97-2003 format (.doc) all the scheme colour values will be converted to absolute RGB values for the colours in the scheme active at that moment; this degradation in colour is not picked up by the Compatibility Checker and no warning about it is given.

</snip >

Farther down in the article they also have this section
<snip>

1.      There is a new Enumeration in Word, wdThemeColorIndex, with constants for each of the scheme colours, with values as per the less significant half of the first byte. This enumeration also contains constants for the values 0 to 3, called Dark1, Light1, Dark2, and Light2, which values appear to produce the same colours as Text1, Background1, Text2, and Background2 respectively. There is also a new Enumeration in Office, msoThemeColorIndex, again with constants for each of the scheme colours, and again with extra constants for Dark1, Light1, Dark2, and Light2. The values of the constants in this enumeration, however, are each 1 greater than the less significant half of the first byte and the corresponding Word constant.

2.      The Word and Office constants serve the same purpose but are for use in different circumstances — please don't ask why. Although not their intended purpose, you will see shortly how the Word enumeration constants can also be used to help in working with Color properties. For reference a complete list is presented here.

A complete list of Word and Office ThemeColorIndex Enumeration Constants

Colour Scheme Element

Word Enumeration:
wdThemeColorIndex

Office Enumeration:
msoThemeColorIndex

Name

Number

Constant Name

Value

Constant Name

Value

Dark 1

wdThemeColorMainDark1

msoThemeColorDark1

Light 1

wdThemeColorMainLight1

msoThemeColorLight1

Dark 2

wdThemeColorMainDark2

msoThemeColorDark2

Light 2

wdThemeColorMainLight2

msoThemeColorLight2

Accent 1

wdThemeColorAccent1

msoThemeColorAccent1

Accent 2

wdThemeColorAccent2

msoThemeColorAccent2

Accent 3

wdThemeColorAccent3

msoThemeColorAccent3

Accent 4

wdThemeColorAccent4

msoThemeColorAccent4

Accent 5

wdThemeColorAccent5

msoThemeColorAccent5

Accent 6

wdThemeColorAccent6

msoThemeColorAccent6

Hyperlink

wdThemeColorHyperlink

msoThemeColorHyperlink

Followed Hyperlink

wdThemeColorFollowedHyperlink

msoThemeColorFollowedHyperlink

Background 1

wdThemeColorBackground1

msoThemeColorBackground1

Text 1

wdThemeColorText1

msoThemeColorText1

Background 2

wdThemeColorBackground2

msoThemeColorBackground2

Text 2

wdThemeColorText2

msoThemeColorText2

wdNotThemeColor

msoNotThemeColor

msoThemeColorMixed

</snip>

It goes on with some some example macros.  The trick is figuring out how to identify the objects you want to change the accent color assignment.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You should explain HOW you applied the hyperlink color to numerous items. It's really not easy to truly do that.

Maybe you set the color for one of the accents to be the same as the hyperlink format color (not quite the same thing.

If you explain step by step what you did it should be possible to set the color back to something else.
www.pptalchemy.co.uk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should explain HOW you applied the hyperlink color to numerous items. It's really not easy to truly do that.

Maybe you set the color for one of the accents to be the same as the hyperlink format color (not quite the same thing.

If you explain step by step what you did it should be possible to set the color back to something else.
Our work provides us with client plugins and, for some reason, sets the default color as hyperlink for graphs and other items. Frankly this is the first time I have needed to hyperlink a deck, so it has never been an issue before.

If I change the hyperlink color, it changes everything throughout the deck that color - so they are definitely all assigned the hyperlink color. This is probably over a thousand items including shapes, graphs, and table cell colors.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's a weird thing to do!

As a test try this code. It will NOT fix tables etc but you can at lease see if it helps. WORK ON A COPY!

Sub fixLinkColor()
Dim oshp As Shape
Dim osld As Slide
Dim i As Integer
Dim otxR As TextRange
For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each oshp In osld.Shapes
If oshp.HasTextFrame Then
If oshp.TextFrame.HasText Then
For i = 1 To oshp.TextFrame.TextRange.Runs.Count
Set otxR = oshp.TextFrame.TextRange.Runs(i)
If Not otxR.ActionSettings(ppMouseClick).Action = ppActionHyperlink And _
otxR.Font.Color.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorHyperlink Then _
otxR.Font.Color.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorDark1
Next i
End If
End If
Next oshp
Next osld
End Sub

How to use code

www.pptalchemy.co.uk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>> You should explain HOW you applied the hyperlink color to numerous items. It's really not easy to truly do that.

The client might be using an earlier version of PPT (2003 or prior) where it's quite easy to do.

And then odd things happen to the colors when you move into PPT 2007 and later.

PowerPoint Help: https://www.pptfaq.com/
PPTools: https://www.pptools.com
Presentation Guild: https://presentationguild.org

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My firm has several plugins for our use including a color palette and ThinkCell. However, ThinkCell defaults the graph bubble color to the hyperlink color for some reason as it is setup right now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should probably also contact ThinkCell to see if they already have a quick / easy fix.  And to suggest to them that they are "misusing" the hyperlink accent color.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's possible to apply the hyperlink color under program control, even in the newer versions of PPT, though it's all but impossible to apply it manually.  In older versions, the hyperlink color in color schemes was the same as one of the accent colors, so things get a bit confused.

This might form the basis of a way to fix the problem. It'll turn any hyperlink colored shapes red.  Change the RGB(255,0,0) bit to change the red to something else; RGB(Red,Green,Blue)

Sub Fixit()

Dim oSh As Shape
Dim oSl As Slide

For Each oSl In ActivePresentation.Slides
    For Each oSh In oSl.Shapes
        If oSh.Fill.ForeColor.Type = msoColorTypeScheme Then
            If oSh.Fill.ForeColor.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorHyperlink Then
                oSh.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
            End If
        End If
    Next
Next

End Sub
PowerPoint Help: https://www.pptfaq.com/
PPTools: https://www.pptools.com
Presentation Guild: https://presentationguild.org

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 474 Applies to: