PowerPoint 365 is missing the Hex box under Custom Colors

I am running the PowerPoint app for enterprise on two PCs running Windows 10 with the same account, on a desktop and a Surface Pro 7.

The Surface Pro is not showing the Hex color box under Custom Colors, a feature I use a lot when formatting a background or shape.

Any ideas on what my causing this?

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi DMYL,

You may have received an email/reply to your question with a number suggesting that you call Microsoft. Do NOT call, it’s a scam. The phone number does not belong to Microsoft, the scam post has been deleted and the user’s profile is inactive now.

Further, from your post, I understand a user can see Hex box in Custom tab on a desktop and the same user is unable to see the mentioned option in Surface when signed in with the same account.

As the user is not getting the same option in two different devices, we must first compare the two Office builds on both the devices. On desktop, please open PowerPoint, click File>Account, under Product information, you’ll see the Office version info, now open PowerPoint on Surface and check the version, see if there is any difference.

Please make sure Office applications on Surface is fully updated. The latest version for Current channel is Version 2006 (Build 13001.20384), for other channel versions info, see Update history for Office 365 ProPlus.

If the Office version is not updated as mentioned in the article, please install updates and check if the issue remains. To know how to install updates, see Install Office updates

After updating if you still don’t see Hex box, please try repairing Office on Surface.

1. Click the Start button > Control Panel.
  2. From Category view, under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
  3. Click the Office product you want to repair, and then click Change and select Online Repair.

Please try Online repair. Quick repair only detects and then replaces corrupted files and Online repair option will do a complete repair; it will take a few extra minutes to repair Office applications.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1. Please provide the screenshot of Office 365 Product Information. To get this screenshot, open any Office app such as Word or Excel on the affected system, click File>Account, capture the screenshot of all the information mentioned under Product Information.
  2. Do you see the same behavior in a new PowerPoint presentation?
  3. On Surface, was this option available before or it’s not visible from the beginning?

Let me know the status.

Regards,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Thank you for the reply, I seem to have fixed the issue by reinstalling office on the Surface Pro 7, maybe I only had the apps and hadn't fully installed the programs. This is what I was getting before.

Here are the screenshots for reference

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 6,350 Applies to: