Question

Q: Power Point 2010 will not transition at the correct time. Why?! This thread is locked from future replies

Im furious that there isn't anything on google to answer such a problem. Anyway, any time I set a transition for x number of seconds, and preview it. It will play the ENTIRE SET of animations first, then transition the slide. I don't want this to happen, I want to transition WHILE the animation plays.

In 2007 and below it done this automatically... you would simply set your transition time and that was it. It would reliably switch to the next slide ON THAT EXACT SECOND... sigh, they're making things more complicated than it needs to be. So what do I need to do? I set Delay to auto with no transition animation, and all of my animations are set to "WITH" (even the freaking sound is set to "with", just to make things faster). I just want it to cut to the next slide before all the animations end. Got a project that needs to be turned in tonight, so I'm pretty upset how complicated this is getting. Is that too much to ask for Microsoft to just not add in all the unnecessary changes in the new version/make a separate version for power users or old timers with only the bare bones of PowerPoint like the old days? Please don't tell me that I have to set all 19 of my animations to the exact time I want it to transition. That would be so unethical: GRRR!

Thanks, X

Answer

A:

AFAIK all versions wait for the animation to finish no matter what the transition time is set at Maybe if you explain why you want the transition to happen before the animations end??.
Microsoft® MVP PowerPoint® since 2007.
Web Page: PowerPoint Alchemy Hints and Tips

www.pptalchemy.co.uk

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Do you have any videos or any operation that runs beyond the transition time set in the PowerPoint slides?

Create a new PowerPoint presentation, set slide transition and check if it works fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 8,203 Last updated: April 9, 2018 Applies to: