How can I edit a Background Graphics object: PowerPoint 2010?

Background images that I can't move ,delete, or edit are a problem for me a few times of month and I would like to know if there is a way to get at them?

I have a presentation that I think came from a PP2003 hacked to PP2007 presentation to use as the basis for another one.  This presentation has a logo or small picture at the upper right and I need to move it to the lower left.  The picture is not in the slide master or anyother place I can select.  The only place I can do anything to it is the check box "Hide Background Graphics" that I find in two places that is part of the Format Background dialog.  That makes it dissapear and reappear independed of the background fill, texture or picture that I might choose as a background.

Is there any way to copy, move, enlarge, shrink or otherwise edit a "Background Graphics"?

Regards

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 259,074 Applies to:
Answer

Solved.

A background graphic is editable in one of the slide masters.

View / Slide Master / select the first or top master in the left pane of masters

Look for the master that has the graphics and select it.  Then you can maniputlate the graphic.

With several masters you need to be careful when looking for the correct one.

I must NOT have selected the correct slide master when I tried this a few days ago.

I looked at several presentations and found that the first or top slide master is usually the one with the graphics.

Regards,

Steve

445 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.