File too large Error: The file specified is larger than what the Office Online Viewers are configured to support. Reduce the size of the file to view it online.

Hi, 

I am getting an error message that says:

File too Large

The file specified is larger than what the Office Online Viewers are configured to support.

Reduce the size of the file to view it online.

The file size of my document is 21MB. The URL which I am using in iframe of my application is https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/embed.aspx?src=http://prod.crtonline.n4m.net/Assets/6c286fb9-d50a-45f9-8f84-b4d37c36b07b/635846521923270000/am0645-cowleymichael-treatin-monday-pptx

Thanks in advance.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

From the description, it looks like you are using chrome, let us try using Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps you. Please let us know if you need additional information.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Shivanshu,

I tried the hyperlink you have provided and was able to replicate the problem. Technically, you should not have this problem as we have a file size limit much greater than 21MB. I will send this issue to an engineer who should get in touch with you in the new year.

Hope we can help resolve the issue.

Poonam Gupta

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Poonam,

Is there any solution, as i got stuck in the same problem, also can you please let me know the file size limit if any and is there any way to increase?

Thanks

Akshay

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From OpenURL, the max PPT file size we support today is 10MB. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans in the near future to change this number.

Are you using OpenURL?

Poonam Gupta

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From OpenURL, the max PPT file size we support today is 10MB. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans in the near future to change this number.

Are you using OpenURL?

Hi Poonam,

I am trying this.

<iframe src='https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http://imcredentialed.s3.amazonaws.com/Training/19/Chapter11/1.pptx?AWSAccessKeyId%3DAKIAICFW4H35YAJF6EQA&Expires=1494585080&Signature=zOFfKNbH2Js%2Ba9bRM7RqggC0SPo%3D' frameborder="0" width="100%" height="500" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Can you please let me know if there is any solution?

TIA.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I came across this error, I "right clicked" the hyperlink to the presentation and copied it.  I then opened up PowerPoint and pasted the link into the "open file" field.  That forced the full version of PowerPoint on my computer to download the file and display it rather than using the online viewer.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Poonam

I'm having the same problem. I'm uploading  powerpoint slides with mp3s into a wordpress dashboard.

The files are loading as expected but when I  view the powerpoints that are >20MB i get the below error also. 

File too large
The file specified is larger than what the Office Online Viewers are configured to support.
Reduce the size of the file to view it online.

Should this be happening? I have loaded files bigger than 10 MB which suggests its not falling down based on the openurl error you mention below.

Thanks & Regards

Odhran

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Odhran,

This is Ryan from Office Online product team.

Please allow me to try to clarify your situation first then provide some comments.

1. Your PPT file is stored in your own storage (a folder on your Wordpress web site, or somewhere similar), correct?

2. You are using View-Office-Documents-Online to generate an embedded View of the aforementioned PPT file, correct?

3. You are embedding that View onto your Wordpress web page, and have trouble viewing a 20M file, correct?

If all of the 3 above are correct understanding, then unfortunately you are hitting the same 10M cap as seen earlier on this thread. The cap is detailed in this help article, and I am pasting the relevant section below.

The document is too large. Word and PowerPoint documents must be less than 10 megabytes; Excel must be less than five megabytes.

Else, if any of the situation was misunderstood, please kindly help us understanding them better and we would be more than happy to provide more assistance.

Thank you!

- Ryan

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

can you please suggest some idea to download the following linked file:

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http://imcredentialed.s3.amazonaws.com/Training/19/Chapter11/1.pptx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry AvindPal, when trying to open the URL I got this message. Would you double check its availability please? Thanks!

File not found
The URL of the original file is not valid or the document is not publicly accessible.
Verify the URL is correct, then contact the document owner.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 3, 2024 Views 9,486 Applies to: