power point suddenly will not save and images are lost

Is there a solution to stop power point 365 from losing the images and not saving. I am on a mac air.

This is a terrible time-consuming problem.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Susan,

We'd like to get more information to better understand the issue:

1. What actions did you perform before the sudden change in PowerPoint's behavior? Was there an update to Office or Mac?

2. If there is an error when you are trying to save a PowerPoint file, please provide a screenshot of the error for us.

3. Please provide us with your PowerPoint and Mac OS version.

4. Regarding the lost images, I would like confirm whether the images are lost because the file is not saved, or previous images are also missing.

Please also try to create a new presentation and save as well as insert images on it and see if it works. This will help us narrow down the scope of the issue.

Regards,

Sheen

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will do this. All the information about disappearing images from power point is already written by people using earlier versions of powerpoint. I have the same identical problems on my 365 2017 power point that I use from Go Daddy when I work on my mac air. Everything they write is the same description of what happens.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Susan,

We'd like to get some more information regarding the issue, so please provide the information I asked for in my reply above. It'd also be helpful if you could point us to the information you mentioned.

Let us know the result of my suggestion when you have time.

Regards,
Sheen

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the first troubleshooting step to take is: Ensure your Mac and Office have the latest updates. Here’s how to install updates:

Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection, then:

1. Update Mac OS X. Open the App store and click on the Updates button. Install the updates.
  2. After, in any Office application go to the Help menu and choose Check for Updates to launch the AutoUpdate app. Let AutoUpdate install updates and then restart your Mac.

If you use Antidote or Silverlight, there is a problem with these apps causing Office to crash if either is not up to date. Update Antidote and Silverlight if you have these products on your Mac.

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I download the latest version of office 365 from Go Daddy.  If you read the accounts in the microsoft community

going back several years with people using power point, you will see it is the same problem that I am describing.  The images that were made disappear, they stop printing. This has happened on several years and now it is happening with the latest version. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Susan,

If you would like to troubleshoot the issue further, please provide the information we requested above. The issue you're experiencing may have a different root cause, so we would like to treat this independently from others.

Regards,
Sheen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This question is closed. It refers to old versions of PowerPoint no longer supported.

Replies to this question may be ignored or removed. - Moderator.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you Tell me again what information you want me to provide?  I cannot give you a screen shot right now because the power point hasn't stripped all of the images. At least not now. It has consistently done this though. I showed you the quote from a previous version because it is the same thing that is happening on my 2016 ppt.

Has anyone else been writing this? Are their solutions?  It looks like the problem is repeating in this new verision.

Susan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Susan,

To clarify the situation, could you share a screenshot of error or provide your problematic files with us via Private Message?

Best Regards,

Rodney

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Susan,

I think the first troubleshooting step to take is: Ensure your Mac and Office have the latest updates. Here’s how to install updates:

Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection, then:

1. Update Mac OS X. Open the App store and click on the Updates button. Install the updates.
  2. After, in any Office application go to the Help menu and choose Check for Updates to launch the AutoUpdate app. Let AutoUpdate install updates and then restart your Mac.

If you use Antidote or Silverlight, there is a problem with these apps causing Office to crash if either is not up to date. Update Antidote and Silverlight if you have these products on your Mac.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2024 Views 2,763 Applies to: