Bug Save As Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac Version 15.13.1 2016 using network shares/volumes ( DELETES FILE ! )

Just trying to verify that this bug is reproducible. My team has lost documents because of this critical save-as bug in Powerpoint for Mac Version 15. 13. 1 (2016).

Here is a link to a video that outlines the issue/bug. 

https://youtu.be/lBQGfjrgtr4

Video demonstrates a catastrophic bug using the Save-As command in Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac Version 15.13.1 wherein Powerpoint is unable to overwrite/replace the open file and will discard and remove the file from its directory destructively if not re-saved before closing the document. This bug appears to be isolated to network volumes/shares in my testing and is not reproduced on local volumes. Apologies in advance for the **** audio.

Steps to Reproduce in Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac Version 15.13.1 (again only occurs with network volumes AFP and SMB share in my testing)

1. File - New Presentation
2. File - Save (Saving to a network volume)
3. File - Save-As (Saving to same network volume location with the intent of overwriting original presentation.
4. File - Close (File will be deleted from network volume directory).

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 4,604 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
That version was superseded some months ago. Please use Help>Check for Updates to get 15.25 and test again. 
Brandwares - Advanced Office template services to the graphic design industry and select corporations.
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.