Using my 123 Reg Domain in O365

Hi,

I've purchased my domain through 123 Reg. I've purchased Office 365 and the first most important task is for me to be able to create an email address.

I cant get past the "add a TXT Record" step in O365 to add my hlasxxx.co.uk domain. I'm adding it to 123 Reg in "manage DNS Settings" as your guide suggests, but O365 is saying it cant find the added record (24 hours now). Can some one help with this (over and above the 123 Reg guide provided in O365 which doesn't seem to entirely match the 123 Reg site) or just give me a "short cut" to getting a working email address please?

Thanks, Simon

Personal information is masked by forum moderator

hi piper,

after i check the domain you provided, it indicates that you are stuck at the process of verifying the domain.

please refer to  add a txt record for verification to perform the verify process again. if the issue persists, please specify which step you are stuck now referring to the article above and upload the related screenshots for analysis. within these, we can guide you how to proceed further.
note: to insert a screenshot, click use rich formatting on this thread and click the insert/edit button.

in addition, please also capture the full screenshot "o365 is saying it cant find the added record (24 hours now)” for check.

we will keep assisting you based on your updates.

regards,
sky

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi thanks for the enclosed,

i have indeed carried out the steps you suggested.

i add a txt record for verification in 123 reg (as best i can)  - see 123reg dns below:

after 2 hours + i still get the following error screen:

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

hi again,

i think this is relevant - our website was built on wix.com and the hlasxxx.co.uk is using wix name servers (www.hlasxxx.co.uk is "pointed" at the wix website)

all i want is the quickest route to a live website (www.hlasxxx.co.uk) and email addresses @hlasxxx.co.uk.... can you suggest the best way to do it (with o365)?

thanks!

personal information is masked by forum moderator

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Piper,

Based on my research, since it is using wix nameservers, you can add the TXT record via wix,com website like you did in 123-reg.
Reference: https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/adding-or-updating-txt-records-in-your-wix-account

Meanwhile, I find that the TXT record in the screenshot is missing TTL value (3600). Please add that when editing TXT record in wix.com site.

Regards,
Ryan

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi  - Thanks so far!

So I was able to add the TXT to the wix.com DNS settings.

I was then able to verify the domain in the O365 set-up, and log back in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I'm able to send emails as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but I cant receive them (I've tried more than one account). This the error received by the sending email address:

Reporting-MTA: dns;BAY004-OMC1S27.hotmail.com Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY402-EAS92 Arrival-Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 00:45:49 -0800

Final-Recipient:

rfc822;*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Action: failed

Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 This domain is not hosted here

what do it do!?

thanks again

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Piper,

Sorry for our delay.

Based on our check, Exchange related DNS records are not added properly. As you are using WIX nameservers (DNS provider), so all DNS records produced by Office 365 should be added to WIX. Please refer to : https://www.wix.com/support/html5/domains/managing-your-domain-records/ to add all the DNS records produced by Office 365(you can get these DNS records on your screenshot, steps 3:set up domain). 

In addition, 123-reg now is regarded as DNS register, if you have add DNS records produced by Office 365, please delete them.

We will keep assisting you based on your updates.

Regards,
Sky

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Piper,

Have you tried updating DNS records on WIX referring to the article above? Is there any update?

Regards,
Sky

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2020 Views 771 Applies to: