Message appear in OWA, missing in Outlook 2016

I have an Office 365 client who was suspicious about the fact that he had an unusual gap in his inbox in Outlook 2016. I had him see if the same gap appeared in Outlook Web App and to my surprise there were a bunch of message in the gap; some from co-workers. I checked to see if the messages might be in his junk folder or deleted items and they weren't. I'm not sure where to look. Any suggestions?

An additional detail... If I search in Outlook for the missing messages, it find them in the Inbox. It seems that the messages are just not displaying.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi EricFaulkner,

We suggest you create a new Outlook profile and then set up the account in it via Exchange mode (auto setup). In FILE > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings > double click the account, make sure the Mail to keep offline is set to All

However, if the issue persists, please share with us the following information for troubleshooting:
1. The detailed version of Outlook. Make sure it’s up to date.
2. Are there some similarities of these missing emails? Or are they random emails?
3. Does the issue occur to other users?
4. Please set up the account in another Outlook client which work fine to check the issue.

Thanks,
Brook

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eric,

Does the issue still exist? If so, could you please provide us with the information Brook mentioned above?

*Note: On June 17th, this community is migrating to Microsoft Community at http://answers.microsoft.com. If you need further assistance, please post a new question to the Office 365 for business forum beginning June 18th Pacific Time. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jasmine

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any update on this issue? We're seeing the same thing. Only on Outlook 2016 click-to-run. Our Outlook 2013 (MSI version) clients are unaffected. We see the message in OWA and users are able to search their inbox in Outlook and find the emails, but they don't show up otherwise. Usually, if they wait long enough, Outlook will reconcile and the message will appear. These are all new profiles on Surface Pro's. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,504 Applies to: