Hide/Delete Groups Folder in Outlook

i just finished installing outlook 2016 (upgraded from 2013). in the mail folder view, there is now an entry for groups which is adding a ton of space between my exchange account folders and a local pst.

i do not use groups, nor intend to in the future, so is there a way to hide/delete/disable this entry? in the past, i used mfcmapi to hide folders i did not want displayed in this view (such as clutter), but i can't seem to find an entry for "groups" to hide.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2019 Views 5,319 Applies to:

Hi Dave Sarley,

I understand you want to disable the “Group” feature in Outlook client, however, it is not feasible to do that.

If you have concern about this, I would suggest you submit feedback about the feature via the link below:
http://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin 

Many features have been designed or upgraded based on our customers’ constructive comments.

Thanks,
Poppy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've submitted feedback about this as suggested. It's great that Microsoft wants to add new features to Outlook, and I'm sure many will get a lot of use out of Groups, but as a rule any new feature that impacts a display (such as the folder pane) should be able to be disabled, or at a minimum, hidden.

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dave Sarley,

Thanks for your valuable comments. Customers' constructive ideas will  help better our products and services.

Regards,

Alan

Sorry this didn't help.