Outlook macros are not enabled

Hi, I created a macro to work in Outlook (2016). Eventually got it working, but once I restarted Outlook, it won't work any more, unless I select the option to 'enable all macros (not recommended)' - it says that the macros in the project are disabled. It doesn't come up with any option to enable them when I start the application. I have tried all the things that a Google search suggested, changed security, signed it with SelfCert, closed Outlook - killed the process and restarted it. I have had the code on ThisOutlookSession, and on a separate module, but nothing makes a difference.

Frustratingly... it will only run if I enable all macros, which, it tells me, is potentially dangerous.

What can I do?

Thanks

BTW Running Office 2016 on Windows 10

Open Outlook and hold down 'Alt+F11' and will prompt you a window to enable.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi mjxhx,

An option may be to ensure your 'SelfCert' file is included in the trusted publishers folder.  You can do this by going to the Microsoft Mgt Console (run "mmc.exe") from the desktop.  The following steps worked for me:
1.  After opening the console, go to the File menu and select 'Add/Remove Snap-ins' or hit Ctrl+M.
2.  From the pop-up window select 'Certificates' from the 'Available snap-ins' on the left and add it to the 'Selected snap-ins' on the right.
3. Once you hit 'Add' a 'Certificates snap-in' window will appear.
4. Select 'My user account' and click finish.  Then click 'OK' from the 'Add or Remove Snap-ins' window
5. On the left, under 'Console Root' expand the 'Certificates - Current User' drop down menu
6. Expand the 'Personal Folder' and select the 'Certificates' folder
7. You should see your SelfCert on the right in the 'Issued To' section
8. Copy (not move) your SelfCert to the 'Certifcates' folder under both the 'Trusted Root Cerfication Authorities' and the 'Trusted Publisher' in the 'Console Root' folder on the left
9. Save changes and restart your computer.
If this doesn't work, retry, but under Step 4, select 'Computer Account' instead of 'My user account' and follow the remaining steps. Good luck and I hope this helps.
/p

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 1,840 Applies to: