Outlook 2016 corrupted profiles becoming way too frequent

So I've run into an increasingly annoying issue: Outlook 2016 is having issues not getting corrupted. This is spanning across two different clients now.

I'm used to the occasional profile corruption issue. In Mail, delete the profile, recreate profile. Done, fixed. 

However, I've had four specific users that I've replaced their profiles, on average, once every week. One client had to have their profile recreated four times in one week.

I've given up on repairing their profiles and downgraded them to Outlook 2013, which eliminated the issue, seemingly.

What is causing these profile *.ost's to corrupt so insanely frequent?

Background Info:

1. We have Office 2016 (via 365 subscriptions) spread out everywhere.

2. Devices range from Dells to HP's, from ancient to brand new (some with SSD's, some not).

3. The troubling thing is the most recent occurrence is a brand new Surface Pro 4, and the profile corrupts out of the box.

4. The devices range from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, and are on a domain.

|
Answer
Answer

Yep, having the same issue here, all new Dell's Win 7 with Outlook 2016, our staff are mobile a lot and we're getting these corruptions pretty well on a daily basis. Wrote a little batch file to fix the problem for them when it occurs which is basically the fix everyone is using involving purging the directory. Here it is, no guarantee's use at your own risk:

fixoutlook.bat

cd %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
attrib -r -s -h %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.*
attrib +r +h %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.ost
del %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.* /Q
attrib -r -h %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.ost
attrib -r -h -s %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\16
attrib -r -h -s %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\16\*.*
FOR /D %%p IN ("%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q

71 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2021 Views 15,568 Applies to: