Dear support team,
at work we recently got Office 365 accounts with Office 2013 as the local software suite (at least that's how I understand it? 2013, 2016, .. local; 365 online account w/ apps for browser, cloud for data, etc., correct?).
I'm quite happy to finally have the new Office at work. Since I always tend to update every piece of software I work with, I couldn't resist upgrading to 2016 (there was that button in my Outlook I think... ;-) ). For a few weeks now, the window to log into Office 365 pops up.
I made some screenshots and since I don't know how to put pictures in here, here's a Dropbox Link:
Now here's the problem which I some can't manage to solve on my own:
The login window appears all of the sudden and seems to not really go away.
Here's what I do:
- I put my email address into the first field (see picture 1)
- the moment I tab to the password field or click it, the domain of my email is recognized (see picture 2) and I'm being forwarded to 'my company's login page'
- then, one of the two following happens:
a) I'm logged in and everything is fine
b) I see a progress bar (looking like the forefront login page I know from accessing company intranet without VPN), the window then closes and pops up again, just as if I never logged in just before
Here's my workaround in case of b) (because b sometimes happens 100 times in a row): I 'x' the window. Sometimes it pops up one or two more times, I just 'x' it and then Outlook seems to be fine.
But then, sometime later, not triggered by anything manual, the window pops up again.
Some more information:
- For my outlook exchange to connect, I need to be connected to VPN (sometimes the 365 window comes when I'm not in VPN, sometimes it comes when I am - but as I understand it, the exchange is not really interlinked with the office 365 account login, is that right?)
- A while ago I created a microsoft account (private) with my company email address. I think this might be one of the root causes (having two accounts for 365 with the same mail address) but meanwhile I changed the email address in that private 365 account to another one and deleted the company mail address (so it should be solved, right?)
- just for the record - I have admin rights on my company computer so I can perform anything you might come up with
Things I tried so far:
- I emptied the credentials manager
- I renamed the folder System C à Users à Login ID à AppData à Roaming à Microsoft à Protect
- I created a new mail profile
My IT support says I should delete 2016 and use 2013 instead (as they only support 2013...) which I'd rather not do.
Does anyone of you have any idea of how to get rid of that annoying login window?
Any help is much appreciated.