How to disable the auto-hide feature of vertical scroll bar in the Folders pane of Outlook 2013

I have just installed Office 2013. In Outlook 2013 the vertical scroll bar in the Folder pane auto-hides itself when the mouse pointer is not in the pane. This means that when I want to go back to the Folder pane to move the scroll bar up or down I cannot go directly to its position on the screen since its not visible, so I have to move the mouse pointed to a random point in the pane, which causes the scroll bar to reappear, and then I have a visual target to move my mouse pointer to.

Madness! I am not sure what purpose this serves since the space freed up by the scroll bar is not use to extend the display of the folder names, so it seems that the only reason might be to reduce what some might perceive as 'screen clutter'. But the scroll bar position serves a useful purpose.

So is it possible to disable this auto-hiding so that the scroll bar is always visible.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

This feature is not available in Outlook 2013, as it is by design of the software.

I see that this could be a useful feature for Outlook. Thank you for sharing your issue and requirement with us. We listen to all feedback and consider them for additional feature/future versions of our products. Your feedback helps us know which features are most important to you. We appreciate your continued interest in Microsoft products and services. Microsoft is committed to continuously improving your experience with our products.

Let us know if you need any other information or assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2021 Views 4,640 Applies to: