Enter Network Password popup in Outlook 2007

I have Windows 7 and I keep getting the "Enter Network Password" popup repeatedly on Outlook 2007 when sending emails. The "remember password" checkbox in the popup keeps getting unchecked every time I reenter my password and check it. I have all the correct settings under Tools -> Account Settings. I have tried all the following solutions posted in the forum before:
- MS KB article 290684 - 1. created a new profile 2. ran outlook in safe mode 3. deleted the registry 4. deleted email account and recreated again
- tried rebooting the modem and computer
- checked the registry settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders and found all the keys are there
- since i am running windows 7, i also deleted the "Credential Manager" to remove any stored passwords
. I also renamed the user account

None of the above have helped in getting rid of the popup. Can someone please suggest any possible solutions?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi Nidhi,

Thank you for posting the question in Microsoft Community. You are receiving 'Enter Network Password' popup repeatedly in Outlook 2007. Let me assist you with the issue.

I need some details to assist you with the issue:

What is the account type configured in Outlook? (POP/IMAP/Exchange)

What is the security software installed on the computer?

Verify if you are able to login to Webmail with the same password.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Outlook, you may try the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the password works fine on the webmail, then try renaming the Protect folder from the below location and then check if it helps:

1. Close Outlook.

2. Browse to the location mentioned below:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

If you are unable to view App Data folder then enable the hidden folders and files and check:

Click on Organize<Folder and Search Option< View< check the option Show Hidden Files and Folders and uncheck the option Hide Extension for Known File Types and click Ok.

3. Rename the Protect folder to Protect.old

4. Open Outlook, enter the Password, ensure the option to remember password is checked and click Ok.

5. Close and re-open Outlook and check if it works fine.

I hope the above steps helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 23,117 Applies to: