Autocorrect not changing to emoticon

Hi All, 

We recently uninstalled Office 2010 and then installed Office 365 Pro Plus on our Windows Server 2008 R2 box running Citrix Xenapp 6.5.

Previously, when a user typed ":)" , it would automatically convert to a smiley face.  Now, after the Office 365 Pro Plus installation, this is not occurring.  Now, when a user tries to type a smiley face, they just get a square.

I am aware that it is possible for each user to manually change their autocorrect options so that when they type ":)" they get the smiley face, but i am unsure how to achieve this on a large scale.  Is there any way?

Also, is anyone able to tell me why this has occurred?  We have another Office 365 Pro Plus installation on a different server that works just fine.  The emoticons are automatically changed.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

[Moved from Word forum by moderator]

Answer
Answer

Hi All,

I’d like to let you know that our engineering team has fixed this issue in Office 2016 with Click-to-Run version of installation. Please see this article for recommendations on resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Ran

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2019 Views 1,791 Applies to: