E mail partially deleted

Hi I am using outlook 2003 to connect with my Hotmail account for e mail. This has been fine for a long time however over the last few days messages that I compose and send have had a large percentage of the text deleted. The first part of the message appears fine however the end section just disappears! My signature still displays. This only happen sporadically

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paul

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same issue ...........just started in last few days. Looking for answers. Thx, fridayniner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It also has affected spell check which shows that the document has been updated as normal but when checking e mail that I had spell checked and sent these all reverted back to the pre checked format!

I have changed to using word as the e mail editor and whilst I don't really like the way it wont hold my logo it at least sends the whole e mail and the corrected version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good idea and thanks for the info. I'll do the same. Hope MS is working on this issue but since the software is 2003 it might be awhile. Keep me posted on any new info you hear regarding the problem. Thx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I believe your issues is not so much related to Hotmail but to outlook 2003.

I have also enquire from Microsoft technet and see if there's anyone who has an answer for this. It seems to be a new issue. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bfdf050e-8831-4d72-91f4-59c87fa9da41/outlook-2003-issue-emails-sent-to-recipients-appears-incomplete?forum=outlook#5e7281fd-9241-408f-b20e-6346ed4fc035

Users on Technet and Microsoft Community are facing the same issues. The problem (so far) occurred only from the Windows 2008 R2 RDS server with Office 2003 installed.  So far, plain text from Outlook 2003, Outlook 2010, and phones send email fine. It seems to be just HTML emails from Outlook 2003 we have an issue with. No resolution or replies from Microsoft yet.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

thanks for your info, I was beginning to think there were only two of us with this issue and therefore little or no hope of a MS solution forthcoming any time soon. Its no comfort to you I'm sure but the fact that there are now a few of us reporting this does give hope of a resolution.

For your info I am finding that using MS word as the e mail editor does resolve the issue however would really like to get back to using the old system which suited better

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I too have exactly the same issue. The problem first appeared on the 27th November so I went back and looked at the updates which had installed on the 26th. Among them was the update to Internet Explorer 11. Today I have uninstalled this update and reverted back to IE 10. Since I did this I have not had a long e-mail truncated, although it is very early days. Has anyone got this issue who is not using Office 2003 with IE 11 ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, just in case you haven't solve the issue yet.

UPDATE. This is from a tech magazine, and it was highlighted by Mrko5 on Microsoft community.

Outlook 2003 messages are cut off
Following recent Windows updates, Outlook 2003 users are complaining that replies are cut off, chopped, or truncated, with only the draft version being sent. Some users say only the initial draft copy is saved, not additional drafts after editing a message for a period of time.

Every so often, not all the time (which is what has me baffled), an email will be composed and sent by the user, however, all but the first couple of lines are cropped off. In some cases, the email is just sent with the first line. This problem is random, and does not affect all emails.

This problem affects only people who are using the Outlook Editor, and only if you take longer to compose and send a message than the "AutoSave unsent every" setting is set for (default is 3 minutes).  

Outlook is sending the message from the draft folder and it's often not the final copy. Messages that are composed and sent quickly will be complete, messages the user takes longer to write may be incomplete. Replies to plain text messages aren't affected, but replies to HTML messages might be cut off, if the user sent it before the draft was created.

If using Word as the email editor is not an option, you can use Plain Text message format. Either of these changes are made in the Tools, Options, Mail Format dialog box. You don't need to use Word as the editor AND plain text, one or the other is enough to fix the problem.

If you want to use the Outlook Editor and HTML (or RTF) message format, press Ctrl+S or the Save button to re-save the draft before sending the message to update the draft copy and the complete message is usually sent. However, some users reported only the first draft is ever sent.

You can also change the default time before autosave kicks in. The default is 3 minutes. If you complete most messages quickly increasing the time will help, or you can lower it to 1 minute, especially if you tend to pause before sending a message. Make this change in Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. 

If none of workarounds above are acceptable, you can uninstall Internet Explorer 11 to eliminate the problem. You'll need to configure Windows Update so that IE11 does not get reinstalled, otherwise, the problem will return with the next Windows Update. To prevent IE11 from being reinstalled, you'll need to Hide it the next time Windows Updates offers it. Select it from the list of Updates waiting to be installed, right click and choose Hide update.

Administrators can run the blocker in the IE11 toolkit from Microsoft at Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 11, then restart Windows.

Hope it helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Really helpful answer, thanks Josh. Any idea if IE12 (when its released) will fix this issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No news of this yet.  This issue seems to have occur in 2005-2006 before. If MS is interested, I'm sure it will come out before April 2014 with a patch.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. Windows 7, Office 2003, IE11. I'm glad I found this forum. From what Josh said, I decided I would simply disable (uncheck) the Auto Save function. In this case, the only possible problem is if I manually save, thereby creating a draft, and then modify the message later. I rarely do that.

This is all in theory, of course. I'll have to check my out box before sending for a few weeks.

Good grief, I wish my 5-year-old Lenovo running XP hadn't died a year ago.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 20 Applies to: