Outlook 2016 synchronising folders non stop sinceNovember update

since the Nov 2nd update my Outlook tray icon shows syncronising folders contineously. It seems to modify the ost files every few minutes.  No lack of funtionality. If i turn off cach mode the Icon is normal. 

I dont really need cache mode but lose indexing.  There is very little activity in task manager. The same is seen on another pc that has received the update but not one that hasnt. On premis exchange 2010. 

I suspect a bug ?

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 1,819 Applies to:
Answer
It looks like we are showing 3/26/2018 for Monthly Channel to go to 16.0.9126.2102.  There may be some blocking bugs so it might slip out some beyond that but hopefully not much if it does.  
Jeff Guillet [Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSM, CISSP]

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

I finally have an update on this that I can share. Sorry for the delay.

The constant "Microsoft Outlook is synchronizing folders" issue should be fixed in early to mid-March timeframe in Monthly Channel builds 16.0.9103.1000 and higher.  If you are on Insider Fast the fix should be out in the next week or so.  You can check what version is out from this page, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/version-and-build-numbers-of-update-channel-releases-ae942449-1fca-4484-898b-a933ea23def7?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.

Jeff Guillet [Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSM, CISSP]

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.