sent messages being saved in the inbox

this might be a simple one to solve.  in my gmail account, sent messages are automatically saved in the inbox, but they are displayed embedded *with* the original email I got from the sender in conversation view.  however in outlook, they are appearing in my inbox immediately after they are being sent.  this is useless to me, cuz outlook does not have a conversation view (or does it?).  do I have a setting set in outlook that's causing this to happen?

Current versions of Outlook have numerous mail sort options, including conversation (and to the best of my recollection these have been avail able since Office 2013)

Office 2007 went out of support late 2017, so no updates of any type since then, as has been mentioned previously

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

palcouk,

you have answered many questions of mine on this forum and you always say that 2007 is no longer supported.  where would you recommend i post or go to get my questions answered?   I find it quite irritating that when I post a question here and specify outlook as the 1st level category and "windows (other)" as the 2nd level category, "outlook 2007" actually appears as a 3rd category dropdown option!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2020 Views 14 Applies to: