Question

Q: Outlook 2013 email Unknown Error Send/Receive 0x800CC97 This thread is locked from future replies

Emails seem to send and receive OK, but I at the end I get the 0x800CC97 error.  I did the Repair and the Online Repair.  Error message still there.  I suspect it may be a bad email, BUT I have no way to determining if I have one email causing this error.  

Suggestions for solving this problem?

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to the presence of a corrupt or already deleted email on the server/webmail.

However, we need to know what kind of email account you experience this issue with. For example POP3, IMAP, Exchange Active Sync (EAS) or Microsoft Exchange. To check the type of email account configured in Outlook 2013 click on File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings drop-down. EAS account refers to Hotmail.com, Outlook.com or Live.com email accounts.

In case you face this issue with POP3 or IMAP account/s you may login to the webmail and make sure to move all emails from Inbox to a new temporary Inbox folder and check if the error repeats while sending/receive email in Outlook 2013. In case you have an EAS account you may sign-in to www.outlook.com with your Account Username and Password and repeat the process as described above for POP/IMAP accounts.

If the account is a Microsoft Exchange account you may contact the server administrator.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 189 Last updated: December 20, 2017 Applies to: