Only Outlook displays in lower screen resolution

I just installed normal MS updates today, rebooted, and now Outlook 2010 (and only Outlook) seems to be displaying in a lower screen resolution than everything else. My screen resolution is the max (and recommended) 1600 x 900. Changing the Outlook 2010 color screen does nothing.

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2019 Views 11,388 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Lee,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. As I understand Outlook opens in lower screen resolution.

Follow the steps mentioned and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Check if Outlook is running in compatibility mode and also check if Outlook is set to run with lower screen resolution.

·         Close Outlook.

·         Right click on Outlook icon and click on Properties.

·         Go to Compatibility tab and ensure all the options under Compatibility mode, Settings and Privilege Level groups are unchecked.

·         Click Apply and Ok.

Step 2:

Open Outlook in safe mode to check if add-ins are conflicting with Outlook application:

·         Close Outlook.

·         Click on Start< All Programs< Accessories< Run

·         In Run window and type outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between 'outlook' and '/'.

If you are able to work with Outlook without any problem then the issue might be due to add-ins. In order to disable the add-ins follow the steps given below:

·         In Outlook, click on File< Options< Add-ins.

·         Under Manage select COM Add-ins.

·         Click on GO options beside Manage, uncheck all the add-ins and click Ok.

·         Try to open Outlook and check if it works fine.

You may refer to the link mentioned which discusses about similar issue and check:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/outlook-2010-screen-resolution/b0ecce23-0323-46ef-8858-c7c0eddf37a9

I hope the above suggestion helps to resolve your issue. If you need further assistance on any Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to help.

Thank you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.