Microsoft Outlook 2010 Will Not Open. Errors have been detected in the file

Original title: Microsoft Outlook 2010 Will Not Open

When I went to open Microsoft Outlook 2010 Friday night it showed the start screen, the load profile screen and then gave me this message in a box with a red circle with an x in it beside it...

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook window.  The set of folders cannot be opened.  Errors have been detected in the file C:/Users/---/Documents/Outlook Files/-------------.net.pst (the dashes represent my name and e-mail address)

I created an archive folder for the first time on Tuesday, 07-08-14, prior to receiving this error message on Friday, 07-11-14.  I did a restore point to the Monday, 07-06-14, prior and that did not correct the problem.  It still will not open.  

How can I correct this issue?  Would turning off the archive feature correct the issue?  If so, is it possible to turn the archive feature off if I can't even open Outlook?

Thank you.   

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2018 Views 1,908 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I'd like to ask a question to help you further.

Which version of Office suite installed on your computer? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Let's go to the following location and check if you're able to find Scanpst.exe file.
<disk drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office(x86)\Office14

You may also refer to the following article to get more information about repairing the Outlook data file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.